Ouch: FUE Megasession Result

I was truly routing for this guy; he temporarily posted here a while back and was expecting something great. The immediate post-op pics looked fabulous.

I didn't want to jump on the Armani hatin' bandwagon, but this looks really dissapointing. I know there has been a lot of controversy surrounding these FUE megasessions, and I suppose this type of result is the reason why:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=58&threadid=77806

Yes, it's 9.5 months; but the problem here is it appears the grafts that took HAVE fully grown in, suggesting that all that is left is maturation, which won't solve the density issue. Hopefully he can get this corrected. I always thought it was a little rude to link to someone else's story from another forum. But people come here searching for info on this type of thing, so I think it's important to look at.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

I was truly routing for this guy; he temporarily posted here a while back and was expecting something great. The immediate post-op pics looked fabulous.

I didn't want to jump on the Armani hatin' bandwagon, but this looks really dissapointing. I know there has been a lot of controversy surrounding these FUE megasessions, and I suppose this type of result is the reason why:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=58&threadid=77806

Yes, it's 9.5 months; but the problem here is it appears the grafts that took HAVE fully grown in, suggesting that all that is left is maturation, which won't solve the density issue. Hopefully he can get this corrected. I always thought it was a little rude to link to someone else's story from another forum. But people come here searching for info on this type of thing, so I think it's important to look at.

-------

No doubt he will need to fill in a bit .. Was it promised to him this would be it?

Most need more than one session..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I dont want to point fingers at any clinic but let me say that FUE requires different graft handling that strip grafts.

It seems that some ex strip clinics are still treating the FUE grafts like strip grafts.

FUE grafts are much more delicate when small instruments are being used.

Our docs have already discussed the routines of properly handling FUE grafts in front of their peers ... anyone that listens will know what to do.

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

I guess we all view hair loss differently. I see a horrible hairline and diffuse thinning. This procedure was focused on my hairline. My next I plan to have (another 3500 Fue) to thicken my crown and zone 3.

This was from hairme right after his surgery 3500 in the hairline OUCH,POOR GUY!!!! Eazy E from hlp tried and tried to get all these unhappy guys to wait 6 months to see results and all that happened was he was ganged up on and eventually banned for too many Armani guys complaining. There are ALOT of unhappy guys from Armani now. I wished they would have listened. Ive seen good 2 out of 40 good results from his fue. They were patients with 5000 grafts in hairline with existing hair. Hopefully he will conquer this but as of now I wouldnt let him touch me for free. These last little hairs Ihave left in donor are too precious

icon_mad.gificon_frown.gificon_mad.gif Horrible....completely, 100% unsurprising....but horrible nonetheless....PGP, as annoying n' frustrating as it can be to try to talk to some of these young, emotional (prospective and otherwise) Armani guys, still sucks to see the results flow forth, as predictable as they are, eh?

"The Barber of SeVille" meets "The Bosley of FUE".... icon_rolleyes.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Definitely. I mean, half your donor blasted into a slightly receded hairline for nothing. And even though money should be the last concern... $50k for that kind of result is just insane.

He has taken his before and immediately post op pics down from this site, but he was barely thinning in the front. I can't criticize the decision to go in for work when you're only a NW2, because it's what I did. But this guy would probably have been satisfied with 1200 grafts or so to fill in the area, maybe lowering the widow's peak slightly. With a good doctor, this would have been a fraction of the cost without significantly depleting the donor supply. This has been said before about this type of work time and time again, and now I'm agreeing with you all.

-------

Well it certainly appears that he had growth, just not as much growth as anticipated, especially if he was promised 90 FU per square cm.

I however, will reserve full evaluation of a result until 12 months. Perhaps the next several months will be friendly to him.

Let's hope so for the patient's sake.

Bill