3 month pics added to profile. Rahal -4374 grafts

wantego

I'm hoping I'm were I should be at 3 months. I'm also hoping for a lot of improvement in the next 3-9 months. icon_smile.gif

Most pics taken with no flash. 1 or 2 pics may have used flash but I cant remember which are which. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

I'm hoping I'm were I should be at 3 months. I'm also hoping for a lot of improvement in the next 3-9 months. icon_smile.gif

Most pics taken with no flash. 1 or 2 pics may have used flash but I cant remember which are which. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

wantego-

Looking right where you should be at 3 months. You have some real good growth for this early along. Damn, I wish I was at your stage.

Couple of question for you: did you where hats at all during the first couple of months? at what day did you start wearing a hat? When did you begin rubbing these stupid crusts off? Have you used rogaine at all during this period? After the 10-day of vitamin e oil, did you use anything on the recipient site? Finally, have you put anything on donor scar?

Thanks for the update!!

Eman

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

wantego--

I think you're looking really good for three months. I looked at your post-op pics and found them confusing. In some of them, it looks like your hair loss wasn't really too bad (NW3 or so). In others, like the shot taken on the surgery day, it looks like you are farther advanced. How would you classify yourself pre-op?

Judging from your surgeon, graft count, and recent pics, you should have an awesome result.

Originally posted by Ceasar08:

wantego--

I think you're looking really good for three months. I looked at your post-op pics and found them confusing. In some of them, it looks like your hair loss wasn't really too bad (NW3 or so). In others, like the shot taken on the surgery day, it looks like you are farther advanced. How would you classify yourself pre-op?

Judging from your surgeon, graft count, and recent pics, you should have an awesome result.

I agree different pictures look different because my hair was different lengths and the day of the surgery it was still slightly wet. Ironically I thought the day of the surgery my hair looked better/longer than the pictures taken months before when I was getting an appointment set up with my doctor. I'm never good with judging myself via the NW scale. I hoped that I was NW3 as well. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Looking totally fine, and, in fact, you are def ahead of the curve. Not to jinx you, but in another 3 months I'd bet you are going to be looking quite bushy! icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Looking great at 3 months. Being a month ahead, I can tell you that the wait is really agonizing now! You can see growth but the hairs are too small to make a cosmetic difference yet, and you'll find yourself almost willing them to grow faster icon_smile.gif Stay away from mirrors icon_smile.gif.

- badger

3279 grafts with Dr Gabel - 06/12/08

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Gabel

Originally posted by thanatopsis_awry:

Looking totally fine, and, in fact, you are def ahead of the curve. Not to jinx you, but in another 3 months I'd bet you are going to be looking quite bushy! icon_smile.gif

Please be right! icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by badger_01:

Looking great at 3 months. Being a month ahead, I can tell you that the wait is really agonizing now! You can see growth but the hairs are too small to make a cosmetic difference yet, and you'll find yourself almost willing them to grow faster icon_smile.gifStay away from mirrors icon_smile.gif.

LOL that is like me staying away from food and air. Besides how do you guys apply your rogaine well without a mirror? icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by javy:

Wow!! simply amazing growth...First of all congrats dude.. Your pics look really great... With this many grafts i dont think you will need any more surgery.. do keep us updated..

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm very optimistic for the future months but I also want to be honest and say sometimes the pics give a fuller look than my own mirror in real life. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Wantego,

You look great for only 3 months.

I do have to say that I'm starting to notice a trend. It appears that most of Dr. Rahal's patients begin to sprout early and often have significant growth by 3 or 4 months. I wonder why?

Perhaps Dr. Rahal can share the reasons for this trend on our forum.

Things are only going to get better for you my friend. Hang on - it's all downhill from here icon_smile.gif

Best wishes,

Bill

I've noticed this trend, as well. My only answer is a vauge one -- that the really sweet early growth is often a basic "symptom" (and prognosticator) of what will be an "exceptional result". By exceptional I mean that the HT will produce a look of truly robust density, acquired by some combination of #grafts/area + hair charachteristics, but moreso the former criteria.

Not all HTs are destined to be "exceptional", though that doesn't mean that they can't all be perfectly fitting and excellent; likewise, not being an "early grower" (i.e. the #grafts/area and hair caliber aside, you simply sprout quicker by nature of your physiology) doesn't mean you can't get an "exceptional result".

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

nice results so far. you kind of remind me of me: hair quality, early growth, and unfortunately persistent redness in the recipient area. I was prescribed tetracycline which really did the trick so you may want to contact Dr. Rahal about a remedy if it bugs you