How dense can a hair transplant be

After 2 sessions, my head is covered with hair and I am very satisfied however, I wish it could be thicker on top.

In comparison to be being bald it is 10000% better however it is not as thick as it was when i was in my early 20's.

Has anyone had a hair transplant (or 2 or 3 ..) and the final result has been good coverage and thick hair that completely covers the scalp?

PS I've posted this on my own forum and others as well as it's a question I've never had answered.

After 2 sessions, my head is covered with hair and I am very satisfied however, I wish it could be thicker on top.

In comparison to be being bald it is 10000% better however it is not as thick as it was when i was in my early 20's.

Has anyone had a hair transplant (or 2 or 3 ..) and the final result has been good coverage and thick hair that completely covers the scalp?

PS I've posted this on my own forum and others as well as it's a question I've never had answered.

I'm curious, how many FUT's did you have in each session?

I've seen some results on this site that look outstanding for covering the whole head. It seems a person needs in the 7000-8000 FUT range, total, to accomplish that look. I'm sure the type of hair you have (i.e. density & # per sq cm) will play a large part. It seems the mega-sessions are now the standard now rather than the exception. It's just a decision of how many you want to go for, or can go for.

From what I understand, it is obviously not possible to get the actual thickness from our youth, though, it does seem possible to have it "look" nearly that way. You're more experienced than I.............I had my first HT of 1200 FUT's a year ago and am just now planning for another session of hopefully up to 3000. At this point, depending on my results from the second, I might plan a 3rd depending on donor availability.

IMHO you're always going to see someone else's results that are better than yours or that you'd like to have. Like for me now, I had my first HT on the front and top............but have a HUGE parking lot to cover in the rear!

From your pic's, your coverage looks great from where you were. I guess you have to find out what donor type and availability you have to see if you can have another procedure, consult with your doc, then see if its worth it??

Good luck,

Hairbank

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Originally posted by headofhair:

Perhaps because there's no answer! The most important thing in your question is missing: what is your starting point? NW2, 3, 4, 5...? Nobody with NW5+ can get their scalp fully covered, whatever the nr of transplants. Well they could but it would look really thin and weird, and that's not what you're after is it?

Have a look at my pics. I estimate that my scalp is fully covered and reasonably thick: it does not shine under bright sunshine or white light, which is the ultimate test. Yet I am like you, I want (and will get) more.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Originally posted by headofhair:

Dude, you need to stay out of the mirror and stop looking at your hair icon_smile.gif From what I seen b4 and after your hair looks great and it does not look thin at all. You look like a different person with hair and I can only hope I have as much success as you did.Be proud of what you have because it looks great!

Newscan.gif