Why me... help me out guys...

Anonymous

I've been born with two horrible qualities, a already VERY high hairline and now i think i'm lossing hair already... and i'm only 19 years old..

I don't know if its psychological but it looks like my hair is thinning in the front.

Is there any way to SLOW the effect of hair loss? Does weather have anything to do with it by any chance? Ever since i've moved to Hong Kong 3 weeks ago.. it seems that my hair loss has increased..

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Baby Shampoo for showering.

I've been born with two horrible qualities, a already VERY high hairline and now i think i'm lossing hair already... and i'm only 19 years old..

I don't know if its psychological but it looks like my hair is thinning in the front.

Is there any way to SLOW the effect of hair loss? Does weather have anything to do with it by any chance? Ever since i've moved to Hong Kong 3 weeks ago.. it seems that my hair loss has increased..

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Anonymous:

The best piece of advice: don't panic.

Weather has NOTHING to do with hairloss. Don't even spend another second lamenting on that notion.

If you see hair in your drain and are losing hair, get on Propecia and/or Rogaine. They are the best treatments available for hairloss.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

Does Rogaine work in the frontal part of the head though? I heard its only efficient for thinning in the back area of your head...

I wouldn't count on any regrowth in the frontal region. But possibly, if you're a good responder, it will slow down the progression, possibly halt it for some time. Another factor is it possibly will increase the diameter of those hairs that are on their way out and have miniaturized. I would give it a shot for about a year and see how you respond. If you respond well, that will be huge for you psychologically, and possibly avoiding drastic measures, such as a HT.

Anonymous,

I do hear from a lot of friends that they were struck with a sudden and intense hair loss.. vocor1 maybe right in that weather has nothing to do with hairloss, but I personally feel that any drastic changes that our body experiences might cause sudden hair loss.. and i tend to think its mostly water. some minerals or chemicals in the water could be different in number or quantity (not necessarily harmful) in diff. geographies, but its easy to see that this could affect the hair thats already miniaturized and weak .. again, I cannot quote from any research or anything.. i could be wrong!

In any case, i also feel propecia could help you better and i did hear from a number of doctors that propecia DOES improve the health of miniaturized hair in the frontal area as opposed to the popular belief or claims. So i would get on it first..

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

Thanks a lot guys, i'll try and see if they have propecia here in hong kong. And PD.. i dunno, but i somehow have to agree with you on the water issue, just because the hairloss does seem to be sudden, its never been that noticable until just these past 2 weeks.. and being so hot over here.. i tend to shower every day.. but one more question, maybe kind of silly, but does wearing hats/caps cause hairloss by any chance? Most likely not.. right? Just wondering cause i do tend to wear hats a lot recently..

Any help appreciated, thanks for the info you guys gave me.

Hats is a non-issue (wive's tale). Might be some stress fall-out as a result of the move to Hong Kong....hard to say. Was/is it very stressful? Stress fall-out tends to regrow after a while.

With the weather/water issues...I tend to think these might effect the texture/condition of your hair and not the actual growth of it. If it's now more coarse and brittle it may appear as if it's thinning. Perhaps you had softened water where you lived and now you don't(?). Try a leave-in conditioner for a few days and see what happens. In any case, sounds like it's time to start the Propecia in the event there's some MPB in play as well.

trying2moveahead