album not working

Looks good

You are lucky to have limited hairloss!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Thanks for posting the pics..............would be nice to see the other immediately before pic from the doc for better quality.

I may disagree somewhat with "almost" 25, no hair loss in family.....etc., you could be fine but if you do end up with hair loss you've got a pretty low hairline to try and maintain. Please don't take offense to my comments...........just being honest icon_smile.gif. I was 23 when I first started noticing loss but ended up a diffused-thinning NW 5 by age 38 before HT #1.

Your results do look good............which i had something close to that head of hair!! icon_cool.gif

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Thanks for the comments guys. Hairbank and Bill: Thanks and I'm not offended by the comments; I basically felt compelled to put that defensive album intro up there just so people don' think, "He is a moron and has not considered the future at all". I was prescribed finasteride after showing the matured hairline to a dermatologist and expressing my concern and wish to prevent it from continuing as a precautionary measure, even though baldness is not in my family. Finasteride is less effective in treating the hairline, I know, but I wasn't assuming it would grow it back. I'm thinking that since the rest of my hair is not thinning, and I started Propecia before it started if it was going to, the chances of it preventing more thinning in the front are good, if in fact future hairloss is in store for me at all. After the procedure, the sparse hairs originally in and above the hairline remained (they were'nt even temporarily shocked out). To me it suggests that, at least for a while, they are not predestined to fall out. I could be wrong, but I'll throw out a worst case scenario to argue ("worst" in this case not being scarring or cobblestoning and things of that nature since there is none): 7 years from now I become acclimated to finasteride, and start thinning all around (I don't think that in any way I am destined for complete shiny baldness). I decide to just shave (buzz down) my head. There are 600 hairs in the hairline; when I look at it, I can picture shaving it down and it looking fine, since some men naturally retain a little of the hairline but bald in other places. In picture 4, it may look really dark and sharp, but consider the lighting and the faint pinkness which appears differently on a picture- up close they are close enough to create a soft hairline but are spaced far apart enough that shaving it would look natural. If it had been 3000 grafts there, it might be a different story. Plus, even though we all know the deal with assuming and being an ass, I really don't think it is super wild speculation to think that there will be advancements in the not too distant future, even just with the medications, if in fact I decide to break my family's genetic code and become Mr. Clean. I know crazy talk surfaces on hairloss forums once in a while about "future" treatments which will be approved in like a month, but there is enough solid evidence that at least the research has begun on a lot of new treatment options- cosidering the size of this industry and the amount of people out there who want their hair, I think good things are in store for all of us if the natural hair gods try to screw us again!

Anyway, I am pleasantly surpised to see this much progress by 5 months. The only thing I notice that I think could be improved is that since the hairs haven't matured, some are indeed very thin and white, and others are thick and darker. Does the maturation process involve just thickening the baby hairs, and therefore making the area look consistent with the darker ones, or does "maturation" also mean that the more coarse hairs will begin to look a little softer to match the baby hairs?

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

ys-

At 5 months, you likely still have some growth to come........AND, you have mucho thickening to come. It will take a minimum of 1 year for a HT to mature, probably more like 18 months.

It has been said that HT hairs transplanted in the hairline will eventually take on a softer appearance like other native hair in the hairline and this may be true but I'm not 100% sure?? From the closeups I see of hairline work, even thought mostly singles are transplanted there the hairs tend to look a little more course than native hair.......................however, I still believe they are undetectable in most cases.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.