Does Finasteride work for the temples??

skysurf

Hi guys,

just a quick question on whether Finasteride helps to halt hairloss in the temples?? I know it can halt and even regrow hair on the crown. I have slight recession on my temples (especially the left one,) and have been on Finasteride (Proscar) for four months now. I am just wondering whether Finasteride actually will work to halt any further hairloss on the temples as well (I don't expect it to regrow any hair in the temples, just atleast halt it??) What do you think and any experiences?? Thanks!!

icon_smile.gif

Best regards,

skysurf,

Though there is some debate over whether or not Propecia has any effectiveness in the frontal part of the scalp, I believe based on all that I've read that it is possible. Keep in mind however, the greater the hair loss, the less likely Propecia will work to regrow hair. But it may indeed work to help prevent any additional hair loss.

Bill

i only lossing hair from the temples n front... not the crown,... so they is no point for me to keeping goind with propecia rite? coz propeica only works for the crown?

Propecia .5mg

1/2 tablet of hairscript formula

hey guys

Bill and Dr beehner has the discription spot on , looking back ,when i started on propecia i shed quiet alot of hair , my scalp looked very thin in photos at this time so I buzzed my hair completely off , ungaurded clip and over the next 6 months i let it grow back and it had definatly grown healthier and looked thicker ,all over my scalp , front temples , mid section and a little at the crown .

If i look back at photos now there is an excelent improvement in the front and over the top of my scalp , my crown showed little improvement as this was were my hairloss was at it's worse , so i had 2100 grafts with Dr Feller in nov 2007

below are pics from june 2006 when i started on propecia (I'm now on proscar , financial reasons )and in nov 2007 just before my surgery ,you can see the improvment in the overall condition of my hair ,please note though were my hair was at its thinnest , around the crowns i had very little improvment

June06.jpg51.jpg

hope that helps

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Wow man that is excellent improvement! How much of a dosage do you take. Dr. Epstein prescribed me 1/4 of a pill of finastride a day for my condition which is very simialr to yours overall thinning on the top of the head. Are ther any seroius side effects you noticed?

thanks

hey bud

i take 1.25mgs of proscar daily , my spurn count has lowered , more watery seaman , i have had no lowering of my libido and no erection issues , my doctor has taken proscar for almost 8 years and has not had any sides , and also my brother is on proscar and he has had no sides .

i don't drink or smoke , i drink lots of water and take a vitamin for hair and nails , thats only a vitamin though from the local supermarket , i have regular exercise .

thats it bud , hope it helps , here is also a link to my ht progress

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=149011

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007