Doc Patient

I like it. Looks like quality work. How many grafts and who's the doc? Hopefully the propecia will fill in your crown a little.

Oh, nevermind. I see in another post you had 2500 with Dr. Epstein.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Originally posted by Doc Patient:

O.K. I'm going to try posting some photos to document my story. Beware, I'm not a good photographer. I only recently learned how to turn off the flash, but found this gives better photos. There is too much reflective glare with the flash on. Comments are much welcomed.

*** For more narrative detail of my experiences please see the topic in this same folder "HT by Dr. Jeffrey S. Epstein - A Very Positive Experience" ***

O.K. I have added three post op photos. Procedure was 1-9-06. 2,200 HT. Lots of 1s and 2 grafts were in the strip. The widows peak was added but doesn't show well in any of the pics. This used only about 50. The rest went to mid-scalp and crown. Crown coverage is going to be thin, but should be adequate to transform the bald look into a thinning look I was told.

I'd like to hear your comments. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

I've just added five photos taken on 5-10-06. This was 9.5 months after procedure one which did the frontal one-third with 2518, and four months after procedure two which did the posterior two thirds with 2220. I can see lots of improvement in the first procedure in the past four months. I suppose at 9.5 months post-op this is getting pretty close to the final results here. Procedure two results are now starting to come in. Photo wise there's not too much to see yet (what do you guys think?), but I'm feeling more stubble back in these areas every day now. I think I can feel the new growth better than see it at this point. Is this normal?

I will definitely appreciate everyone's comments! I'll post more photos again probably at 6 months Thanks.

One thing these pictures do not convey, unfortunately, is the quality of the trichophytic closure. It is truly as if the "scar" is not even there. I don't even feel a ridge anymore where I know the incision to have been. I'm confident I could go very short on the sides if I wanted to. This, however, is not the look I want at this time. I used to buzz it all the time. After going to all this trouble, the buzzed down look is one that I don't think I'll ever want again now that I'm no longer bald and getting better every day! (nice though to know that I could go really short if I change my mind).

the front looks reall good and the back will be coming in soon as well. heard it takes a little longer for the crown so u just have to be patient, and if you can feel the stubble you are well on your way for sure! am going in for my next Ht for the midscalp and crown area in June as well! congrats and you look great and have come a long way for sure!

Doc,

Things appear to be coming along nicely. What a transformation from pre-HT #1, eh? You must be pleased.

You should still see some thickening from HT #1, and HT #2 will likely still sprout and thicken for awhile. Your new growth, plus the Propecia kicker should continue to improve on your great results.

Thanks for posting the pics.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 1 month later...

Time for some updating! Lots of milestones are being reached this month....

1) July 1st made exactly one year on Propecia. I have been on 1mg/day for a little over one year now.

2) today makes exactly six months since procedure 2 (2,220 for midscalp and crown - Dr. Jeffrey Epstein). This is now the area of most dynamic change, and I look forward to more improvement in the coming six months. It has already been transformed from bald to a thinning look. There will be more improvement and I will continue to post updates (next likely at 8 months).

3) in two weeks I will be at the one year mark for procedure 1 (2,518 for frontal 1/3 - Dr. Jeffrey Epstein). The photos I am posting today are close enough to be considered one year photos. The results are great; especially when compared to where I was one year ago.

As always, I look forward to hearing your comments.

Thank-you Troy for your response. I like sharing my progress with others in the midst of similar transformation (or contemplating such). While I like sharing my progress, there is some expectation that others will offer comments, and frankly only one reply is a disappointment.

Great hair. What a difference. I am considering an HT myself (corrective work) your transformation has been an inspiration. How much success would you say you have hd with propecia, I just started on it.

ogph,

Take a look at the two pictures of the back of the head - one from 7-9-05 and one from 7-9-06. Most the difference in these two I feel at this point is attributable to Propecia. I would say the results thus far from Propecia are quite significant.

• 1 month later...

I have added some pictures taken 9-9-06. That is 8 months after HT#2 which added 2,200 to midscalp and crown. Density in crown was lower than more anterior areas and designed to convert bald crown to a thinning crown. This is 13.5 months p/o HT#1 which added 2,518 to frontal third. I am now on Propecia for 14.5 months.

Should be some more improvement hopefully in the next few months. I will post 10 month pictures if there is interest.

I now have sufficient hair in the crown to make Dermatch practical (which I did not have before). With Dermatch it looks fuller. If there is interest I can post some pics with Dermatch the next time I apply the stuff (which is usually just on weekends).

The difference is amazing to look at. Were you average donor density or above, because the coverage looks real good. What were the goals when you set out on these sessions? Thanks.

Mr. Joe,

I was told that my donor area was

"good" density at my initial consultation, but was not great.

Both procedures I was told resulted in a surplus of 1 and 2 hair grafts. Thus, my conclusoin is that my donor was at best average.

My goals were to cover as much bald scalp as possible, even if density had to be thin to get some coverage in the back. I am happy with my results thus far, but hoping that there will be further improvement for the second procedure since I am only at 8 months postop on that one and my understanding is that the crown area takes the longest for final results.