Thailand Hair Transplant

I think its meant to be a joke.

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I'm confused. Did the person whom started this forum actually go through with the procedure in Thailand? I wish he had some photos posted icon_frown.gif

If he did, I hope things went well for him.

Reyes

Medical Assistant to Dr. Parsa Mohebi

"ALL COMMENTS ARE MY OWN AND FOR THE SOLE USE OF EDUCATION AND UNDERSTANDING UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED"

Bill,

Your are tenacious. I love how you watch out for this site. I love it!

Reyes

"ALL COMMENTS ARE MY OWN AND FOR THE SOLE USE OF EDUCATION AND UNDERSTANDING UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED"

Originally posted by Reyes:

Hello,

I'm confused. Did the person whom started this forum actually go through with the procedure in Thailand? I wish he had some photos posted icon_frown.gif

If he did, I hope things went well for him.

Tom has a web blog with tons of photos here.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=390

GLH,

I'm not sure how anyone who sees all your posts will find it sarcastic. In fact, it looks like a walking advertisement.

If you want to be sarcastic, perhaps adding a "Yeah Right" at the end might do the trick icon_razz.gif.

Vince,

You're right - I haven't seen Dwayne in a long time. Hopefully he'll come back and share his journey with us.

Bill

GLH,

Thanks for that link. His HT looks great. I'm happy that it all went well for him. I love the wedding pictures, too. So proud!

Reyes

Originally posted by GLH Formula # 9:
Originally posted by Reyes:

GLH,

Thanks for that link. His HT looks great. I'm happy that it all went well for him. I love the wedding pictures, too. So proud!

Yep nice couple, between the two of them they have plenty of hair to go around. icon_biggrin.gif

Are you talking about me? LOL... Ya between the TWO of us. But she got more than her share. icon_wink.gif

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

• 9 months later...
Originally posted by Dwayne95:

I am having my Hair Transplant done in Thailand, and at this stage I have two candidates: Dr Pong- the cheaper of the two options and at this stage looking to be my choice, and Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich - more expensive but more experianced and from what I read well reviewed. Has anyone had any experience with these doctors or a great doctor in Thailand?

Hi Dwayne,

I just had my procedure done Aug 10th, still early but wanted to give my feedback about Dr. Path. I have nothing but glowing words to say about him and his team.

So far so good, I had 2850 grafts done, i'm 40ish and this has been one of the best things that I've done in my life. I was surprised that the team actually counted each and every single graft, they are very professional. My procedure started from around 12pm and finished around 8pm, the team is dedicated and there were several patients there. I didn't know them but 1 guy that was there was more than happy to tell me not to worry about it and just get it done. As a newbie I was a little concerned about the procedure and my wife was quite nervous. This was partly my fault because I had done little research, strange as it may sound, I went with a single recommendation which came from a friend from HK (he looks great). Based on his experience and recommendations I jumped right into, asked a couple of questions through email which Dr. Path responded to quite quickly, booked my tickets, hotel and here I am.

They say the waiting takes the longest and it's early days, the Dr's warned me that I'd get significant shock loss 1-2 weeks after the operation, yes I've lost some of the hairs when the scabs fell off but I dont' feel it's significant, maybe 25% so far and I'm 4 weeks post ops.

I'll post more in a couple of mths time, in the meantime I'm taking pictures of myself every couple of weeks to recall the whole process. I think it's the best $ I've spent and my wife keeps reminding me to be careful since each graft is worth a few bucks. Anyhow, I had no qualms about letting my wife spend money on a Bulgari ring last week, she deserves it for supporting me all the way. My HT cycle is not complete but I'm already thinking of going back to have some touch up done in the future.

Things I've learned:

Try to get 3 weeks off (cause I walked into the office after 1 week and people looked at me strange), I had to come up with lame excuses like my wife gave me a bad haircut

I bought some Toppik which I put on the affected areas lightly, it seems to work for me, not sure if anyone has tried this before, gonna order 1 more bottle

Thats about it... go for it.