recommendations for repair work

sure 34

I'd like to briefly share my story and I would greatly appreciate any recommendations concering the best doctors at repair work.

I originally went into Dr. Elliot's office in Newport Beach, CA at the age of 18 or 19. I went in to see if hair could be transplanted into an extensive scar that ran throughout my head, and to make a long story short I was promised that the scar would dissappear. It's kinda of difficult to describe the scar but it zig-zagged throughout my scalp, starting just below the hairline. At best the scar was slightly visable when I parted my hair just right. Anyways, Dr. Elliot ended up giving me a whole new hairline, over three surgeries performed on me from the age of 18 or 19 through the age of 23, that used over 3000 grafts. I didn't even really go in for hairloss, just to see if I could get some hair into the scarred area. After the first surgery, it was obvious that I had transpalnts so the problem just compounded itself and Dr. Elliot kept taking my money. The whole thing is a daze because I was so shattered and depressed through the whole process. Dr. Elliot was not careful with me and never sat down and even came close to explaining the possible negative outcomes of my surgery with me. I was so young and embarrased to be in his office and all he did was promise great results and I took the bait. Now at the age of 25, while the scar that I originally went in for is not so obvious, I have a very low, unnatural, aggressively, transplanted hairline, hair loss that really kicked in after the first surgery and has resulted in some solid balding at the crown and through the middle of my scalp, and over 3000 grafts taken from my donor area and left a scar that spands from ear to ear. I just recently got on Propecia and I want to find a really good doctor for some repair work. I've already contacted a few doctors but I would like to gather as much information and opinions as possible and I would appreciate any recommendations and knowledge. Thank you

I'd like to briefly share my story and I would greatly appreciate any recommendations concering the best doctors at repair work.

I originally went into Dr. Elliot's office in Newport Beach, CA at the age of 18 or 19. I went in to see if hair could be transplanted into an extensive scar that ran throughout my head, and to make a long story short I was promised that the scar would dissappear. It's kinda of difficult to describe the scar but it zig-zagged throughout my scalp, starting just below the hairline. At best the scar was slightly visable when I parted my hair just right. Anyways, Dr. Elliot ended up giving me a whole new hairline, over three surgeries performed on me from the age of 18 or 19 through the age of 23, that used over 3000 grafts. I didn't even really go in for hairloss, just to see if I could get some hair into the scarred area. After the first surgery, it was obvious that I had transpalnts so the problem just compounded itself and Dr. Elliot kept taking my money. The whole thing is a daze because I was so shattered and depressed through the whole process. Dr. Elliot was not careful with me and never sat down and even came close to explaining the possible negative outcomes of my surgery with me. I was so young and embarrased to be in his office and all he did was promise great results and I took the bait. Now at the age of 25, while the scar that I originally went in for is not so obvious, I have a very low, unnatural, aggressively, transplanted hairline, hair loss that really kicked in after the first surgery and has resulted in some solid balding at the crown and through the middle of my scalp, and over 3000 grafts taken from my donor area and left a scar that spands from ear to ear. I just recently got on Propecia and I want to find a really good doctor for some repair work. I've already contacted a few doctors but I would like to gather as much information and opinions as possible and I would appreciate any recommendations and knowledge. Thank you

• Administrators

Sure34,

I appreciate you bringing your surgical experience with Dr. Elliott to my attention and to those reading this forum. I also appreciate your time on the telephone yesterday.

Given your experience I have suspended Dr. Elliot's recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network.

While I know that Dr. Elliot has many satisfied patients with natural looking follicular unit results - a physician/clinic needs to show a consistant and proven track record of excellent results to remain recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. This includes good judgement in patient selection and planning for long term hair loss.

Perhaps I'm making an error in removing his recommendation. But when it comes to life long surgical results I feel it is neccisary to error on the side of being overly conservative.

I do intend to again visit clinics in California this year. Perhaps this will include Dr. Elliot's clinic. If I can re-establish confidence in the quality of his work then perhaps his recommendation will be reactivated.

Sure34, the physicians we discussed for refining your hairline (Dr. Shapiro, Dr. Keene, Dr. Hasson etc) all have the capability of giving you a subtle and natural hairline.

I'm sorry about your experience to date. I do expect that in the hands of the surgeons you are considering you will be able resolve your issue. I'm also glad to hear that you have gotten on Propecia to slow or halt your hair loss.

Best wishes and please keep us all posted.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.