Ingrown hairs

I have read a few posts about guys having ingrown hairs after a procedure, which seems normal.

I find myself having ingrown hairs or some kind of zits on my scalp and I am currently losing hair, but not had a HT.

Is this common??

I have read a few posts about guys having ingrown hairs after a procedure, which seems normal.

I find myself having ingrown hairs or some kind of zits on my scalp and I am currently losing hair, but not had a HT.

Is this common??

I am pretty sure your problem has other background. I had lots of ingrown hairs between 4-6 months. However the zits where directly related to the ingrown hairs because they would disappear after the nurses had cleaned the ingrown hairs.

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

jaws:

I don't have any acne where my hair is, but I do develop acne on occasion in areas of my head where I used to have hair but no longer have any (before the HT). Not sure why.

Hopefully, no acne where the hair was transplanted. None so far.

vocor1

Thanks for the feedback. Not really acne, but someone told me it may be due to the sebaceous glands continuing to produce sebum like I had a normal thickness hair, but instead the hairs are thin and the excess sebum buildup may cause irritation.