Lookin for some advice.

Hey, I've been reading this board for a while and it's provided some incredible help, I guess I'm just talking up to get someones opinion on my situation.

I'm 25. I've been thinning for probably 4 to 5 years. At this point i think im probably a 3 vertex on the scale. Compared to some cases, i'm sure it doesnt sound that bad, but it bugs the crap out of me.

After reading this board for a while, I got a consultation in nashville. They told me I was incredibly lucky because my hair is naturally very, VERY thick, and my apparent hair loss looks worse because the rest of the hair on my head is so thick, hence the contrast.

They seemed to not pay much attention to my questions about shock loss, or my age (this was a year ago), or about future investments i would have to make. After they sent me 2 pictures of "me" after 20 years photoshopped to be totally bald with a caption that read "this could be YOU!" i decided maybe they aren't the right people to be talking to.

So I guess my questions are these: Where, in the mass. area, is there maybe someone worth talking to?

is a 3v at 25 years old young to be getting a transplant? i ahbor the thought of a scar, and feel uncomfortable about the idea of looking weird older, only to have to worry about getting ANOTHER tp when i'm older. I can be compulsive at times, i know, but if i hadnt read this board i would have gone ahead and got one already. I guess im looking to have a precedure done and then not have to ever worry about it again, but im assuming at this point that is not very realistic.

I havnt really got all my questions out but this is long enough, so any advice would be great. thanks.

Hey, I've been reading this board for a while and it's provided some incredible help, I guess I'm just talking up to get someones opinion on my situation.

I'm 25. I've been thinning for probably 4 to 5 years. At this point i think im probably a 3 vertex on the scale. Compared to some cases, i'm sure it doesnt sound that bad, but it bugs the crap out of me.

After reading this board for a while, I got a consultation in nashville. They told me I was incredibly lucky because my hair is naturally very, VERY thick, and my apparent hair loss looks worse because the rest of the hair on my head is so thick, hence the contrast.

They seemed to not pay much attention to my questions about shock loss, or my age (this was a year ago), or about future investments i would have to make. After they sent me 2 pictures of "me" after 20 years photoshopped to be totally bald with a caption that read "this could be YOU!" i decided maybe they aren't the right people to be talking to.

So I guess my questions are these: Where, in the mass. area, is there maybe someone worth talking to?

is a 3v at 25 years old young to be getting a transplant? i ahbor the thought of a scar, and feel uncomfortable about the idea of looking weird older, only to have to worry about getting ANOTHER tp when i'm older. I can be compulsive at times, i know, but if i hadnt read this board i would have gone ahead and got one already. I guess im looking to have a precedure done and then not have to ever worry about it again, but im assuming at this point that is not very realistic.

I havnt really got all my questions out but this is long enough, so any advice would be great. thanks.

There is noone in Massachusetts using state of the art techniques period.You would do well if you don't get physically harmed and disfigured here. Stay on the forum and do at least 6 months of reasearch before doing anything or the "this could be you" might be after a procedure not 20 years from now.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

Mahair... just a thought, no harm intended.

No one needs to do six months of research when using this forum. Let's face it the posters have already been doing the research for years. However, what you do need to do is take the time to read relevant Q&A, make a visit or two to some top notch dr's recommended by many of the others on this forum, ask those dr. relevant questions and make a gut decision. Because of others, a few weeks to a month should suffice. Typically, anyone asking questions has been throwing the idea around for a while in their head anyway. I was for years... for me it was all about perfect timing.

Two words of advice... there are wide extremes on these forums to many Q&A, most likely the answer lays somewhere in the middle. Ex: the visibility of an Ht post-op., just to name one. Personalities and individual situations play a key role in this. However, for the most part you will get good advice, though it sometimes varies slightly, from experienced and honorable people. Most major topics the forum pretty much forms a consensus.

-And, don't choose a dr. unless he/she can answer all your questions satisfactorly. In other words, if he/she contradicts the consensus of the forum, run like the wind.

If woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy -Steve Smith 'The Red Green Show'

Originally posted by elastic:

In my opinion, you made a very wise choice. That kind of "scare tactic" is atrocious and hardly the kind of professionalism that should be employed by a medical facility.

True & Dorin Medical Group performs consultations in Boston, MA. Their surgical facilities are located in Manhattan. By completing a quick keyword search for "Dr. True" and/or "Dr. Dorin" under the "Find" button, you will find numerous threads that showcase their skill, ethics, and refined techniques.

Good luck in your search and let me know if I can help.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog