Three Months Hair Transplant and Redness

j-man72

I have a few questions about the hair transplant surgery I had three months ago.

It has been exactly three months now since my hair transplant and I have noticed quite a bit of growth, but not as I had expected. Before the surgery, the doctor said that the recipient area would receive about 40 hairs/follicles per centimetre. The growth that I have is no where near 40 hairs/follicles though. I would say that it is about 20 hairs per centimetre and when I look closely I can't see any dark hair growth beneath the scalp. I am a little concerned that this is all the growth I am going to get.

My scalp is also still quite red. Is this normal for three months after surgery? Can/should I be putting something on my scalp to reduce the redness?

I have a few questions about the hair transplant surgery I had three months ago.

It has been exactly three months now since my hair transplant and I have noticed quite a bit of growth, but not as I had expected. Before the surgery, the doctor said that the recipient area would receive about 40 hairs/follicles per centimetre. The growth that I have is no where near 40 hairs/follicles though. I would say that it is about 20 hairs per centimetre and when I look closely I can't see any dark hair growth beneath the scalp. I am a little concerned that this is all the growth I am going to get.

My scalp is also still quite red. Is this normal for three months after surgery? Can/should I be putting something on my scalp to reduce the redness?

Growth is suppossed to just BEGIN at 3-4 months. You have a very long way to go before panicking about growth. You can only judge a HT success after 1 year. The growth comes and goes in cycles, so you'll start some growth then it will seemingly stop, then suddenly it takes off again. So BE PATIENT!

Also, after my first HT the redness/pinkness lasted for about 5-6 months.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

One thing that i don't understand, and i'm not trying to be offensive to the TS, is the communication between patient and Dr about the surgery that they are undergoing.

At three months, you might just begin to see some growth. The process takes at least a year, so put the mirror away, relax for a bit, then check things out in a few months to see where your at.