Live Chat Summary 4/23/2008 with Dr. Mejia

Hello everyone,

The group was small, but the discussion was lively! Thanks to all who participated in this week's live chat. A special thanks also to Dr. Mejia who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network.

I strongly encourage any guest or member reading this to join the party every other Wednesday night at 9:00pm Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5:00).

There is no better opportunity on the web to receive instant answers to your hair restoration questions by experienced veterans and medical professionals!

It's also a great opportunity for some light hearted fun and humor!

More information about how to use live chat and/or register in our community can be found on this sticky thread.

Live Chat Summary of 4/23/2008

The following members attended our live chat

1. Bill

2. melina

3. Dr. Mejia

4. mm315

5. super8mm

6. Tembo

7. anajj

8. ravi kanth

9. Dewayne

If you attended the live chat session and your name is not included on the list - please respond on this thread and I will add you.

Some of the following hot topics were discussed and questions answered include:

Topics:

1. The benefits of Rogaine Foam

2. Potential side effects of using Dudasteride

3. Dudasteride Inhibiting type 1 5-alpha-reductase enyzmes in the brain - potential danger?

4. How the Trichoscan software can measure hair density and diameter growth rates

5. Taking Propecia every other day verses every

day

6. Dr. Mejia's perspective on use of the laser

comb

7. Selecting a quality hair transplant surgeon

8. Upcoming patient hair transplant surgeries

Your Suggestions/Ideas Wanted

Because it is the members of this community that makes this live help/chat feature work, we are always looking for realistic and practical suggestions to make our chat feature even more enjoyable and beneficial for our attendees.

I encourage you to provide any suggestions that you think might be helpful on this thread.

Be sure to tune in Wednesday 4/30/2008 at 9:00pm EST for our next live chat session!

Best wishes,

Bill

Dewayne joined at 10:15, but stayed until 11:05.... Only rajiv remains in the chat room.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Originally posted by jabba:

Bill,

Is there a transcript of the chat? It would be nice to be able to read the chat.

Thanks,

Jabba

jabba,

Are your stitches out? Did you have to have them removed or are they dissolable? What about swelling? I didn't have any, so I'm curious if it was the dr's skill mostly or if I'm one of the lucky ones.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Dwayne,

I'm at 6 days today so it will be a few more days on the (regular)stitches. They haven't bothered me too much and I have not felt that much tightness that some feel. I remember toward the end of the surgery, he gave me a shot that he said would prevent swelling (I didn't have any swelling). All of my scabs in the front are gone and the ones in the back are a day or two away. I go back to work on the 28th, so I should be ok. I just wish the little hairs would stay and keep growing. I can't say enough about Dr. Cooley and his staff. I even mentioned you to him. I remember saying a lot of things to them but being half out of it. I'm sure that they get that from everyone.

Jabba