damaged graft

I'm probably a worry wort. I'm 7+ months post op, and I was combing my hair today and I noticed a bit of blood(not a trickle, just enough to dab with a piece of toilet paper) along the hairline. I looked closely and it looks like it is where a graft was placed (because it is slightly raised) but there is no hair srouting yet. If that is a graft is it possibly damaged? I don't think so but I just want some reassurance.

Thanks for the comments.

I'm probably a worry wort. I'm 7+ months post op, and I was combing my hair today and I noticed a bit of blood(not a trickle, just enough to dab with a piece of toilet paper) along the hairline. I looked closely and it looks like it is where a graft was placed (because it is slightly raised) but there is no hair srouting yet. If that is a graft is it possibly damaged? I don't think so but I just want some reassurance.

Thanks for the comments.

Hello dhoose75,

You know...I am not sure what to do with that because I've actually had the same experience a few times...even up to 12 months post op where once in awhile there would be a blood scab on my head or something and I'm not really sure why or where it came from. I imagine it has something to do with the HT...perhaps there were some follicles that were damaged and never grew so they've finally been rejected?

Does anybody else have any feedback on this?

Bill

Another good point from John_in_NC. I'm leaning toward ingrown hair myself now after reading those posts. It's just strange, because in my case, I would go to bed one night and not see anything strange on my scalp (believe me, I looked nightly for new growth for a long time, up to 12 months probably), but I would wake up and look in the mirror and there's be some blood in an area. OR, I'd wear a tighter hat and after wearing it for a few hours, I'd have some blood in an area. All of it, however, once cleaned up could be pinpointed to one single small area in my scalp...which again, sounds like what you are suggesting. It just seems strange that a pimple would form and burst in such a small amount of time.

Bill