3 Month Photos

where are the pics?

1045 FUT "hairline" with Dr Feller on Nov 05

825 "hairline" with Dr Loria "saw so so results" on Jan 01

MHR 325 "hairline" micro/mini 's 1999 "big mistake"

Again, no one is gonna waste their day searching the board for your pictures. The appropriate thing to do is put a link in your post, sorry to be so direct but it seems your not getting any feedback, and if that's what you want, you need to provide the pics...

Originally posted by Michaellovesnyc:

3 months post op - ??? Any ideas

I take propecia every other day

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Michaellovesnyc,

Loves like you're starting to come along. I've been following your progress and I know you've been frustrated at the time it takes.

I definitely see some improvement from month 2. IMO you're just starting to arrive at the "fun" part of the process. I imagine you'll see some very positive results in the next couple of months.

Hang in there and keep posting the updates for everyone to review your progress.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Here's a link to Michael's pics.

Michael's pics

Your hair is coming along nicely.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Michael, hey your hair loss pattern and amount look very similar to mine. I had my surgery 2-1-06, and have had alot of shock loss especially on the hair line. You are ahead of me, both in time since surgery and hair growth. I hope mine looks that good at three months.

Good luck.

Does anybody know what length the clipper sizes correspond to. My barber does not use clippers. He's exclusively a scissors guy. He cut my hair to about 1/2 inch around the scar. What clipper size would that be?

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

My shock loss is terrible. I am at two and one half months. I will take some pictures and post. My camera cable is broke so I have to take to Walmart to get pictures and have been too damn busy. You look like alot of your existing hair was back by two months, certainly by three months. Mine is very noticeable due to the loss of hair on and right behind the hairline. My doc was Lehr and I hope his techs knew what they were doing. Holding my breath and hoping for the best.

Michaellovesnyc (and Gorpy),

A #4 cut is 1/2"- at least that's what the guard in my kit says. I assume they're universally numbered but am not sure. Take a look at my Hair Loss Weblog and view the post op pics. At about the 7-10 day mark, I used a #1 guard (1/8", I think) to blend in with the top. I think it worked pretty good. The trick was not going to a #1 around the scar. At about the 1 month mark, I used a #4 guard and cut everything to 1/2" and the scar was not visible. Now, at close to 2 months post-op, I think I could safely go to a #3, maybe a #2.

If you have clippers, or are going to get them, I'd advise you to start with a higher number, maybe 6 or so?? My kit came with #4 as the longest cut and it covers my scar so it works for me. If you have to use a #4, tilt the guard a little so it's cutting more like 3/4" - 1" and see how it looks. Then keep going down if the scar doesn't show. As long as you're careful, it should be fine. If you mess up a little here or there, you can use dermmatch or another concealer to take care of it.

I agree with Troy on blending it in after the HT. It looks more natural all at the same length than long on the sides and in back and short on top. Give it a try and see how it goes.

Scar coverage varies depending not only on the scar, but the type of hair and density you have. Guys with thin hair have a more difficult time hiding it as do those with hair that doesn't "cling" to the head. Some guys seem to have the "clingy" hair that immediately lays flat on the scalp after growing out and they seem to have better scar coverage.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.