Oily scalp after HT

It's been about 6 months since my HT. In addition to having more hair (!), I've also developed an oily scalp. This was never an issue before. In spite of the fact that I shampoo my hair everyday, I'm surprised to find my scalp in a perpetually lubed-up condition.

I'm curious if this has happened to anyone else and would like some feedback on the following:

1. What is the cause of my oily scalp - the HT, propecia, and/or MSM?

2. Is this a temporary condition or permanent?

3. What's the best way to "degrease" my scalp? Does conditioner help or exacerbate the problem?

I searched the Forum and found only a few "oily scalp" references with not a lot of feedback - perhaps this is not a common occurance.

At any rate, if you have any insights on this, I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks - FS

P.S. - I just realized: With my oily scalp, "Follicular Slippage" has taken on a whole new meaning! Bloody hell . . .

It's been about 6 months since my HT. In addition to having more hair (!), I've also developed an oily scalp. This was never an issue before. In spite of the fact that I shampoo my hair everyday, I'm surprised to find my scalp in a perpetually lubed-up condition.

I'm curious if this has happened to anyone else and would like some feedback on the following:

1. What is the cause of my oily scalp - the HT, propecia, and/or MSM?

2. Is this a temporary condition or permanent?

3. What's the best way to "degrease" my scalp? Does conditioner help or exacerbate the problem?

I searched the Forum and found only a few "oily scalp" references with not a lot of feedback - perhaps this is not a common occurance.

At any rate, if you have any insights on this, I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks - FS

P.S. - I just realized: With my oily scalp, "Follicular Slippage" has taken on a whole new meaning! Bloody hell . . .

At 6-months you can use basically any type of shampoo--- If you have dandruff then Nizoral is good--- With oily scalp, it wouldnt be the HT propecia or MSM. But is could be your diet if it has changed???? REgardless of the reason, just go to the drug store and get a good shampoo for oily scalp, this should help a lot.

Best of luck.

I agree with Smoothy, it's not the propecia or MSM. I take both and have had no problem with oily scalp. Go get the Nizoral that smoothy mentioned, it should take care of your scalp problem. It also has a DHT blocker which should helps with hairloss. Good luck!