Hidden Costs!

Spursman

Hi

I am going to be getting my first HT done in a few months.

Are there any hidden costs i should know about?bear in mind i am in the UK. i will be travelling over to New York.

Do the clinic pay anything in regards to travel expenses? or can they getting better deals etc

Hi

I am going to be getting my first HT done in a few months.

Are there any hidden costs i should know about?bear in mind i am in the UK. i will be travelling over to New York.

Do the clinic pay anything in regards to travel expenses? or can they getting better deals etc

I can only speak from experience. I negotiated this when arranging for the HT. They paid for a 2 night stay at a Hotel and gave me a credit in grafts that more than paid for my airfare. I have heard similar stories for other clinics.

Have you committed to a surgeon and made the deal? If not, negotiate when you set the price for the amount of grafts you're going to receive.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Originally posted by buddyebsen:

Be aware that many Canadian Drs charge 7% tax on top of the graft price.

Good point, buddyebsen.................. but if you decide to pay cash in Canada there's no tax. I was a little nervous carrying the cash but since it saved me $840 I chose to do it.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Originally posted by hairbank:

I can only speak from experience. I negotiated this when arranging for the HT. They paid for a 2 night stay at a Hotel and gave me a credit in grafts that more than paid for my airfare. I have heard similar stories for other clinics.

Have you committed to a surgeon and made the deal? If not, negotiate when you set the price for the amount of grafts you're going to receive.

I am going to be getting an HT done from Dr True in New York. Can you negotiate price? I am in sales so I was thinking of trying to get a better deal. I was also interested in speaking to Dr Feller. Maybe I could use that as bargaining power. Maybe I could get them to pay for the flight or something.