How major are the scars after a surgery?

I have about an inch and a half bald spot on the side of my head i want to get fixed, i was already told after a transplant there was a limit to how short i could wear my hair, but the reason i would want a transplant is so i can have a buzz cut without the bald spot showing

question is what will the scar look like? is there pictures of scars after a surgery i can look at? did he mean i could only go so short until the scar is noticeable or did he mean is it dangerous to shave over the scar? and even with a bald spot as small as an inch and a half how major could the scar end up?

I have about an inch and a half bald spot on the side of my head i want to get fixed, i was already told after a transplant there was a limit to how short i could wear my hair, but the reason i would want a transplant is so i can have a buzz cut without the bald spot showing

question is what will the scar look like? is there pictures of scars after a surgery i can look at? did he mean i could only go so short until the scar is noticeable or did he mean is it dangerous to shave over the scar? and even with a bald spot as small as an inch and a half how major could the scar end up?

On the side of your head? If this isn't related to male pattern baldness (injury perhaps?), FUE would probably be the ideal solution. But I think small strips are sometimes used in eyebrow restoration, too, so that might apply to this kind of case. Best to speak with some doctors and submit some photos for them to review.

It isn't dangerous to shave or buzz down the donor area after it has healed; people are usually afraid of detectability.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

yea im sorry i was born with the bald spot, and its shaped as a circle, the doctor i emailed said he had a transplant and cant go lower than a #4 on a pair of clippers, but i didnt ask him if he meant the scar would be noticeable if he went lower or if it was just to dangerous to go over the scar, because depending on what the scar looks like i wouldnt even care as long as theres hair around it, thats why i would like to see pictures

Check out the last photo in this gallery:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=147532

This is of a patient's donor scar shaved down. This is an exceptionally good result; normally it is a bit more detectable. But nowadays with tricho and other techniques, it is usually pencil thin, provided it doesn't stretch post-op.

But if this is just a small, congenital bald patch, I would contact Dr. Feller as he is probably the world leader in FUE and could probably offer you the best advice.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

Here is a link to the poster "Ritchie"'s scar...

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=144292

Youngsuccess,

I like your new avator (sp?). Rick Flair was / is one of my favs..... "TO BE THE MAN, YOU'VE GOT TO BEAT THE MAN!" Whoooooooaaaaa!

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

wow i hardly see a scar in those pictures, if i was guaranteed it would look like that i would get it done, do you have dr feller's email so i can get some answers even though i cant afford to travel to see a doctor for something so little, i see my doctor in november im going to see if he can recommend me somebody

If it's just a little spot you are having filled in, and the strip taken is small, you can cut your as short as you want IMO. A small strip would not be detectable as an HT scar in particular, so who really cares. A lot of people have scars on their heads for a lot of different reasons. It is the long smiley face scars in particular that are the HT giveaway. If you don't have one of those you have no worries. - Stimpson