suggestions on medicines to stop hair fall

kris1982

hi all

iam 25 yr old. I had my hair transplant 10 days back(2590 grafts). i want to know what medicines i need to take to stop the existing hair to fall . 2.5 yrs back i have taken propecia and minox but at tht time i used only for 1-2 months and i have seen lot of my hair falling when i used minox so iwas afraid and i stoped it .becos at that time i dont know that i have to wait for at least 6 months to see the results now the situation got worse i just want my existing hairs to stay so can some please suggest me the medicines i need to take . and one more question i have seen my hairs are getting very thin so by using these medicines will it make my hair a little bit thick

thanks & regards

hi all

iam 25 yr old. I had my hair transplant 10 days back(2590 grafts). i want to know what medicines i need to take to stop the existing hair to fall . 2.5 yrs back i have taken propecia and minox but at tht time i used only for 1-2 months and i have seen lot of my hair falling when i used minox so iwas afraid and i stoped it .becos at that time i dont know that i have to wait for at least 6 months to see the results now the situation got worse i just want my existing hairs to stay so can some please suggest me the medicines i need to take . and one more question i have seen my hairs are getting very thin so by using these medicines will it make my hair a little bit thick

thanks & regards

those are the only two known meds to work at preventing hairloss. you can also look into avodart which is stronger than propecia but there's less clinical data available on it.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Kris1982,

Initial hairloss when you start a regimen of propecia and rogaine is very common and expected. If you continue taking the meds, the hair you initially lose will grow back. You need to give it a while to see whether its working or not. Good luck

- badger

3279 grafts with Dr Gabel - 06/12/08

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Gabel

thanks badger_01,hairthere for your replies so wht percentage of minox i should use 5 or 2 and wht abt propecia while their be any varities in tht i mean 500mg or some thing like tht i dnt remember exactly and when should i start using them becos i had my transplant 11 days back

one more question when can i shave my head