Scar after HT

Spursman

Hi,

At the moment i keep my hair very short, when i get a hair cut i get a grade 0 side and back. i leave it till its a grade 3 before cutting it again.

I am thinking of getting a HT done but i would like to keep my hair short on the sides a back, but i know you get a scar after HT.

How bad would it look if i had the scar showing? does anyone who has had HT keep there hair really short!

This is the only thing putting me off a HT, wouldnt like to have long hair on the sides and back and thin hair on top. When i get a grade 0 it blends in a covers the thin areas on top.

Hi,

At the moment i keep my hair very short, when i get a hair cut i get a grade 0 side and back. i leave it till its a grade 3 before cutting it again.

I am thinking of getting a HT done but i would like to keep my hair short on the sides a back, but i know you get a scar after HT.

How bad would it look if i had the scar showing? does anyone who has had HT keep there hair really short!

This is the only thing putting me off a HT, wouldnt like to have long hair on the sides and back and thin hair on top. When i get a grade 0 it blends in a covers the thin areas on top.

Regardless of the skill of the doctor, it would be irresponsible for anyone to consider being able to shave their head after a HT. I am waiting for my scar to heal, and by the looks of things mine will be nearly undetectable, but that still does not mean I am not prepared for a noticeable scar.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Originally posted by Spursman:

Hi,

check out tymmans thread. he shaved his head right after the HT. do a search for his name.

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

Your scar *will* show at that low of a cut. It may even show after a #2 guard buzz (which is what I prefer to shave mine to). Take a look at me photo album to see my scar at different hair lengths for some perspective.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Thanks!!

To me it aint to bad, That was straight after HT right??

I am sure all the redness goes down allot after a few weeks, i dont mind keeping my hair at around a grande 3 for a few months after the HT.

Also... when getting an HT do they shave away the area that needs transplanting?? i have thinning on top that needs to be filled in a bit,but wouldnt like my hair to be shaved on top.