itching question after 12 days

hey buddies , this is now the 12th day,and the scabbies are still there some are really disapearing and no hair left on those areas is that normal,? also i have noticed that during the day its all cool but evening time i get a lot of itching some on top but most on the doner side i dont scratch i kind of pat it, but is this itching normal? thanks

hey buddies , this is now the 12th day,and the scabbies are still there some are really disapearing and no hair left on those areas is that normal,? also i have noticed that during the day its all cool but evening time i get a lot of itching some on top but most on the doner side i dont scratch i kind of pat it, but is this itching normal? thanks

Yes i found that the area was also itchy and did the same as you by patting it gently. I also found that the scabs were coming off and getting stuck in my hair when i gently removed these i found that a lot of them had hairs attatched,( which broke my heart) but i think that was just part of the shock loss that i was told to expect. its been 2 months since the transplant and now i find the scar on the back of my head is quite itchy.

Hope this helps.

Rafael and marc,

I hope you guys don't take offense to this...but you guys are being WAY too cautious. At 12 days, the majority of people's scabs are completely gone, because by day 5 or 6, not only should you resume normal washing, BUT, you should already have started gently massaging the scabs off in the shower using your finger tips in circular motion (NOTE: DO NOT PICK AND DO NOT USE YOUR NAILS).

Bill

Rafael and Marc,

Bill is correct and I will add, and do not take offense, but who were your doctors and why did they not clearly indicate to you what to expect post-op??

Don't get me wrong, you can find the answers to your questions here and we are glad to help, it just that this info should have been conveyed to you by your doctor. I just worry about why this info is vague or not written up for you by your doctors/clinics.

Again, no offense, those that have been thru HT know what to expect, I can see it can be confusing for the first timer.

Good luck and grow well,

NoBuzz

no offence taken, i did receive info on paper of what to expect, but not the part of the itching , and yes i was told about one yr to see the final results my questions came after seeing some pics posted from other people here that seems that they have hair in 4 months or 6 so that kind of through me off, and as for cautious Billero i think so LOL,, in the paper i was given i was told to wash may graphs by simply mixing shampoo in a bowl and just let it dribble and then do the same with clean water until washed, and to do this for the first 10 dasys, so i was paranoid in doing anything else, i have now started massaging it like you say, and it is working well , but i just started this morning, cuase damn, i still have a lot of scabs,,

in the paper i was given i was told to wash may graphs by simply mixing shampoo in a bowl and just let it dribble and then do the same with clean water until washed, and to do this for the first 10 dasys,

Rafael,

I forget...who was your clinic? IMO, your clinic is being a bit over-paranoid too and that makes me a little concerned. I can understand doing the above for the first 2 or 3 days, but after that, one should start slowly getting back to normal washing. By about day 5 I was washing normally and massaging the grafts as instructed by the clinic. I'm glad you are doing that now...I'm sure there is no harm to the grafts...just spend the extra time in the shower and start slowly working them off.

Bill