Pall bearer one week post op....

johnnie69

guys, my aunt died and I got the call to be a pall bearer..anyone got any ideas about how to pull this off....a ahircut at this point is out the window, so a formal hat is the only thing I can think of....

Any ideas....I got till Saturday!!!!!

guys, my aunt died and I got the call to be a pall bearer..anyone got any ideas about how to pull this off....a ahircut at this point is out the window, so a formal hat is the only thing I can think of....

Any ideas....I got till Saturday!!!!!

Sorry for your loss, this is something i was scared about happeneing to me, i actually made a post about it at hairlosshelp (sorry for the reference Pat) many of the guys over their chimed in with their thoughts and what they would do, im looking for the post so you can read it but the site must be temporarily down, i will keep searching and post a link when i find it

J69, Sorry for your loss brother icon_frown.gif

I shaved it down to a #1 1 day after my staples came out and had to do a wedding a few days after, but I just did what I had to do and went about my business.

If indeed you feel that subconcious I would suggest going to a high end novelty shop and get a wig. Before you scoff, some of these shops have some unbelievable products that look pretty damn convincing. Either way, it will be one day for a few hours and you can move on. Aside from that, go buy a suit that you can wear a hat with. You know like the Zoot suit hats? I am just trying to toss some ideas out there for you buddy!!!!!

Again, I know how you feel, so chin up and remember that in 7-8 months this will be a distant memory.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

johnnie69,

At your stage post-op I'm guessing you still have most of the grafts?? If so, and your staples are out, you may trying strategically clipping the sides and back to match. With some grafts still in place and no scabs, it should just look like an ultra-short haircut. If you have any scar issue you can blend with dermmatch or another concealer. Other than that, I think a stylish hat would be the way to go.

Sorry for your loss...........I hope everything goes okay Saturday.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.