ELLIOTT AND TRUE

I HAVE A QUESTION. THIS SITE IS LINKED TO THE ELLIOTT AND TRUE WEBSITE. DOES THAT MEAN THESE DOCTORS THAT ARE BEING DISCUSSED ARE ALL AFFILIATED WITH ELLIOTT AND TRUE? IF NOT HAS ANYONE ACUTALLY HAD AN HT DONE BY ANYONE AT ELLIOTT AND TRUE? IF SO, HOW WERE THE RESULTS?

DORIAN.

I HAVE A QUESTION. THIS SITE IS LINKED TO THE ELLIOTT AND TRUE WEBSITE. DOES THAT MEAN THESE DOCTORS THAT ARE BEING DISCUSSED ARE ALL AFFILIATED WITH ELLIOTT AND TRUE? IF NOT HAS ANYONE ACUTALLY HAD AN HT DONE BY ANYONE AT ELLIOTT AND TRUE? IF SO, HOW WERE THE RESULTS?

DORIAN.

Dorian

About 9 months ago, I had 1800+ grafts done by Dr. Elliott in Newport Beach. Overall, I am happy that I made the decision to get a transplant, however, for my next procedure; I am going to look at other doctors. I feel my results could have been better. I haven't discussed this with my doctor, because I realize there is not much that can be done other than having another procedure to touch things up. Now you might be asking what I was unhappy with? Well, the biggest issue for me is the hairline. Up in my right temple, the grafts were placed systematically as opposed to randomly. Although it does not look like the plugs of old, it still has a slight "linear/cornrowish" look to it. Then there's the front hairline itself. Here I noticed some 2 and 3 hair grafts growing out when only singles should have been placed. These look a little strange since I have these thicker shafts in a thinning area. It's not as bad as it may sound, but it is noticeable to someone who is knowledgeable about HTs. For this purpose, I comb my hair forward. I believe it may have to do with the fact that assistants place the grafts instead of the doc and don't pay as much attention to detail- but then again, the doc did make the recipient sites in the temple.

I would give my HT a grade of a "B." Some can live with that; others demand an "A." Next time, I want an "A"

JT:

I appreciate the candor. Many people are so ecstatic about their procedure that they don't take a critical look at things.

Often times though, the doc may do some free work if something isn't to your satisfaction. Maybe that is worth a shot.

Three hair grafts shouldn't be anywhere near your hairline. But I have heard that once in a while, a two-hair is mistakenly planted because it appears to be a one-hair. That does happen.

I'm in favor of the doc placing all the hairs. Techs can do a great job, but you are right there is some skill sacrificed and possibly some decision-making. But to keep costs lower, techs will be used.

You are probably in my stage where the improvement is quite great, and overall you are very happy, but some "fine tuning" is desired. I desire that.

Good post. Good luck with the next HT. Tell us who you go with!

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

Vocor1,

Why do you need a fine tuning? do you have some issues with your hairline ? or is it something else ? please explain icon_confused.gif

thanks!

PD

Signature:Please click here to vote for the doctor you would go to if you needed a hair transplantation today!

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

Dorian-

Do your homework diligently. There are only 6-10 truly awesome doctors out there. And, they can cost the same or less than the others.

If you see even one bad post on any doc, consider it to be 100 people who have not made the effort to post it. Don't take it as gospel, but put a lot more effort into it if you hear something.

For my recommendations, please see my Mentor page with my signature link.

Click for - My Pix, and Mentor page with advice on Choosing a Doc, anti-swelling, and healing.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/mentor/mentor_profile.asp?Mentor=Joecifus

Hi Dorian, Yes , I have had 3 procedures done by Dr. True, and I have to say, I am very much satisfied with my result.You really have to check these guys out if you are considering a HT. Dr. True and his staff are very professional and have a wonderful bedside manner and patient comfort is a priority.From beginning to end they really know what they are doing. Again , I highly recommend them. Mack

• 2 years later...

How long ago did you have your transplant and where?

Originally posted by Mack:

Hi Dorian, Yes , I have had 3 procedures done by Dr. True, and I have to say, I am very much satisfied with my result.You really have to check these guys out if you are considering a HT. Dr. True and his staff are very professional and have a wonderful bedside manner and patient comfort is a priority.From beginning to end they really know what they are doing. Again , I highly recommend them. Mack

Hi

I have had 2 HT with Dr True as well 1417 and 1476 with T closure. The last surgery was Dec 05.. I must say I just got my hair cut yesterday with a 2 guard in back and you cannot see a damn thing ( no scar at all)!!! It is truly amazing and I am so happy with my results. The scar is slight pink when I spread the hairs in the back but it's only been 5 months!! I have heard discussions on here about Dr. Elliot but Dr. True split with him years ago.. Dr. True is one of the best on here in my opinion..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!