What's Important Crown Area or Frontal Area

webpro

Hi Everyone,

I would like to know what area would you do transplant if you a class 5A.

In my case, i am bald in the crown area, but i am still receding hairline in the frontal area.

when someone see me from the front they can even tell i am going bald.

I know i am receding hairline in the frontal area, so should i wait and use the hair for the frontal area, or should i use it for the crown area now.

thanks

WebPro

Hi Everyone,

I would like to know what area would you do transplant if you a class 5A.

In my case, i am bald in the crown area, but i am still receding hairline in the frontal area.

when someone see me from the front they can even tell i am going bald.

I know i am receding hairline in the frontal area, so should i wait and use the hair for the frontal area, or should i use it for the crown area now.

thanks

WebPro

Webpro

Are you using Propecia? You need to stop the progession of your hair loss. That is really important.

There are not enough grafts available to cover the whole head of a Norwood 6 or 7. It's the law of supply and demand, and there is not enough supply. As you might know, the donor area is a relatively limited area. The crown of a non-balding guy will have MORE density than the donor area itself. So it's not hard to see that a guy needs his limited amount of grafts to be used wisely.

The correct hairline in a hair transplant will be mature looking and recessed, so that when you are 50 or 60, you don't look bizarre, with a teenage hairline. So look at your hairline now, and ask yourself if a transplant would gain you any ground in your hairline area, or not. If a "correct" transplanted hairline would actually be behind where you are now, then a transplant might not make any sense for you at this time.

Regarding the crown area, where you need the most help. If you were to put hairs in your crown area, you would need to use a considerable amount of grafts to get the job done. That might not be a smart idea, if it depletes your donor supply too much you will not have enough grafts to do your hairline, in the future when you really need it. (Remember, there is not enough grafts to do the whole head). If you run out of grafts without doing a good job in the frontal area first, you will be screwed.

Most guys who have transplants will have to be satisfied with a bald or extremely thin crown. That is just the reality of the limited donor supply. Guys who can maintain their crown with Propecia, often have really impressive results (FUTZYhead is a good example) because he can concentrate on grafting in the front, while maintaining his original hair in the back. A guy like FUTZY does not need any grafts in the back yet, and with luck and Propecia, hopefully he never will.

Guys who have thin or bald crowns are in a completely different situation. Since you are fairly high on the Norwood scale, it is possible that your hair loss might continue to the bitter end. If you use up grafts in your crown, and don't address the front completely, that will be a very bad situation. Also, if your remaining hair is at risk of being lost, you may be succeptable to shock fallout.

Be careful. I wish I could give you more optimistic advice, but everyone is different.

Hi Webster,

I did both a small Vertex area and frontal fill all in one session of 2400 FU's, although I only considered the Vertex due to my advancing age icon_smile.gif 41 and was a nw3 with very slight thinning in vertex..& with a good top crown, I had quite a bit more hair than the example you posted.

If you are a good candidate, the goal like the man pictured is very do-able. I feel anyone with crown thinning should consider Propecia, but you know all about that.

I would not personally do a HT if a I were nw5 or worse and under 40, or even over 40 if I did not have excellent donor.

Good luck

NW