Nerves and cold feet

Anyone whose had at HT have second thoughts or cold feet before they had it done? I felt so certain a few weeks ago, doing research, finding a doctor, now I think I'm getting cold feet. Any advice would be cool. I haven't scheduled anything yet, but I was thinking of late October. Thank all,

Joe

Anyone whose had at HT have second thoughts or cold feet before they had it done? I felt so certain a few weeks ago, doing research, finding a doctor, now I think I'm getting cold feet. Any advice would be cool. I haven't scheduled anything yet, but I was thinking of late October. Thank all,

Joe

Man, I know how you feel. I've been thinking about it for 2.5 years and now that I'm getting close to deciding for it, some folks have made me take a second look which has, in turn, forced me to reconsider.

Replying to ya might help me streamline my own thought process since they're similar, so bear with me.

Reasons to get a HT:

1. Get laid more

2. Self-esteem

That's pretty much it as far as I can see, really. I'd have put self-esteem in #1, but let's be honest. Which is more important? icon_wink.gif Hair is purely cosmetic so this is a vanity thing, but at the same time - that's very important. Self-confidence affects everything about your life.

So, think about this in detail.

1. Do you get laid regularly? I don't mean beg-for-a-VD type of regularly, but if you're not in a long term relationship then do you bag 2-3 girls/year? (If you are in a relationship then stop reading. It doesn't concern you. She likes you the way you are, so what do you care if you have no hair, 3 nipples or a tail?) If you do, then you don't *need* a HT, but want one. Get one if you have money lying around, but don't worry about it too much.

2. Do you think you're good-looking? Look in the mirror, like what you see? If you don't, chalk one up for the HT. If you're generally happy, then you don't need one.

How's your confidence? Have you ever gone into a bar with a buddy or 2 and played the numbers game? It's a fun game in which the buddy selects a girl for you, then you walk over, chat her up & try to get her phone number. She might tell you to piss off (rare), ignore you (less rare) or chat you two hit it off (more common than you'd think). Do you know that the fairer sex likes you and your company, at least most of the time? If you do then you don't need a HT.

Remember that self-confidence is in your head, not on it. Ever been with a really hot girl and after the first month or so, when the looks thing wore off, realize that you really don't want to be spending time with her? On the other hand, ever been with an average-looking girl - few extra pounds, not your type, peg leg - and realized: wow, a diamond in the rough! If you hyave, then you know the other side of it.

I'm getting wordy. Think about why you want a transplant. Be honest. Then, think about whether the reason for it is lack of hair, or something else masquarading underneath that. And at the end of it all, if you realize that a new hairline is what you really want, then hey man - good luck. And post some pictures so we can see!

man i know how u feel

youngguy is right.Self-confidence affects everything about your life.

i decided it in one day after 1 year of researching.

I had many many many doubts,i didnt trust lookin at pictures on docs sites,i had consultation with 3 docs and they all said different things.....

BUT!

im so happy now after i did it.

I still waiting for results but if everything go as i planed i will be happiest man in the world!

HI GUYS

Cold feet is natural.. At th end of the day you have to do it for yourself not ONLY to get women.. Will it make you feel better as a person? For me, it was the right decesion, as I did not want to be bald.. Do your research and if you choose to have it done, make sure you speak with the docs and see his patients.. There are many good docs mentioned on here.. Also, understand it is a long term commitiment as far as results. It takes 7 months to get results and you may need a couple procedures

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Thanks all. I'll keep you posted. I'm actually going to get the blood work done this week and try another consult. If I do it,it will be for me; nobody else.

I was very nervous before and wondered if I was doing the right thing, but I had all the facts and had met former patients and did all my home work and had the money the only reason i was afraid was the "unknown". Now that i have been through this I wont be scared at all if i go through it again. also I had a Ht not to"get laid", but I like the way I look bvetter with hair, thats all.

The 'unknown' is definitely hard on the nerves! One of the main reasons I got my two HT's was because I'm a musician. It just didn't feel right jamming on the stage with that stupid-looking receding hairline. And, of course, a decent head of hair never hurts in the 'getting laid' and 'self-confidence' departments!

Actually, I've been on a "high" ever since my surgery occurred last month.. and I don't even have anything to show for it yet! Not an easy decision obviously, but one that I think most of the current HT recipients are glad they made. You think about something long enough and it usually manifests itself, whether you like it or not.

'06/2500 w/Dr. Keene

'07/1500 w/Dr. Keene

My Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by Midiman:

Actually, I've been on a "high" ever since my surgery occurred last month.. and I don't even have anything to show for it yet! Not an easy decision obviously, but one that I think most of the current HT recipients are glad they made. You think about something long enough and it usually manifests itself, whether you like it or not.

Midiman, I know exactly how you feel. I was on a high for the first month as well without having any results, but by the time you reach 2 months the high dies down and you will be anxious to see some resutls.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006