Post 1 month HT with Dr Wong 4865 grafts...Please comment

royrover

Mr. Rover,

Looks to me that you have about the same amount of hair as before your HT, it's just that it's all much shorter now since it was shaven. It will take a while for it to grow back but this may be a good time to get a shorter haircut around the sides and the back. This will help to make the top not quite so much of a standout compared to the rest of your scalp.

Overall things are looking pretty good though. Thanks for sharing with the group!

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

royover,

Thanks for keeping us up to date on your healing.

It's always sad to see the little follicles abandon ship, but we know they are only on temporary leave icon_smile.gif.

Now the waiting begins. Try to avoid unfriendly mirrors for a few months and before you know it, growth will begin.

Of course, it may seem like the longest couple months of your life, but it's worth it.

Bill

roy- looking bald, just like me--it sucks doesn't it? My forelock has not returned and is thinly growing back, so I look balder than ever!!

Most of the grafts will go dormant and begin growing at the 3 or 4 month mark. So, at this point, you won't know whether or not you are a fast or slow grower probably until the six month mark.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Royover,

How the process works is the transplanted hairs will grow a little bit for the first 2 weeks and they then will shed.

After that, expect a good 3 to 5 month wait before they start growing again. Right now, your follicles are safe and sound underneath the scalp in an extended catagen (resting) phase. But don't expect all of it to grow at once. It takes a good year to fully mature.

Patience is the hardest part of this process in my opinion (and experience). But you've gone to an excellent surgeon and your growth will come.

Bill