Scalp Exercices For A Virgin Head(?)...when not needing a "super-mega session"

It seems like the importance of doing exercises to improve laxity can't be overstated -- it really makes a big difference in your doctor being able to get you maximum # of grafts.

At the same time, if I'm going into my first HT, getting ~3k grafts not because it's the most I can prolly get but b/c it's all that I need should I still dilligently do the exercices? Is there a benefit to how easy the procedure will be for my doctor, or are scalp exercices really only beneficial for a procedure where your doctor is trying to get the absolute maximum?

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

It seems like the importance of doing exercises to improve laxity can't be overstated -- it really makes a big difference in your doctor being able to get you maximum # of grafts.

At the same time, if I'm going into my first HT, getting ~3k grafts not because it's the most I can prolly get but b/c it's all that I need should I still dilligently do the exercices? Is there a benefit to how easy the procedure will be for my doctor, or are scalp exercices really only beneficial for a procedure where your doctor is trying to get the absolute maximum?

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

3000 grafts is a large session, so i would recommend scalp exercises; also it can help decrease the chances of scar stretching and provide optimum conditions for a good scar; there are other physiological factors in how many grafts can be exised and how the scar will turn out, but I don't think you can go wrong regardless of session size by doing scalp exercises;

Do them

besides yielding grafts it will help with post op tightness.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Thx, wasn't aware that it had such an effect on the scarring, or lackthereof, and tightness!

Fwiw, my forearms became surprisingly fatigued doing the 10minute scalp exercising.... icon_smile.gif

-----------

just do it whenever you have time. That's what I did:

At work , sitting on the sofa , whenever

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hey there.

I just had my Ht last week.

Ask your Doc..i'm sure he checked..how "loose" your scalp is.

Not saying don't do the scalp exercises...but it makes sense some need it more than others.

Even though my doc didn't really make a big deal about the exercises..I did them a week before surgery...maybe ten days prior.

My doc got the projected 2600 graphs with no problem....actually got 2800+ graphs total.

Good luck...keep reading this forum....the regulars on here really know there stuff.

More_hair

There has not been a scientific study to prove the benefit of scalp exercises. However, we and patients have found them to be beneficial. You do not always need them. IN cases of larger sessions and tighter scalps, I do recommend it.

There is more detailed info posted on the exercises, scars and stretching from a previous post where I detailed more info. You may wish to review it.

Elasticity and Scalp Exercises

Ricardo Mejia MD

Hair Transplant NEtwork Physician

Jupiter FL