Generic Proscar

kamin

No need for any replies to this. Just passing along info.

Just got my new prescription of Proscar yesterday. It's a generic. It's still a blue-colored 5mg pill but it's round, not the weird shape of the Merck pill. I know that India produces a generic called Fincar, or something. But I don't think this came from India since I've been going through Express Scripts in the U.S.A. for years.

I didn't check to see who manufactured it but will check the paperwork tonight!

No need for any replies to this. Just passing along info.

Just got my new prescription of Proscar yesterday. It's a generic. It's still a blue-colored 5mg pill but it's round, not the weird shape of the Merck pill. I know that India produces a generic called Fincar, or something. But I don't think this came from India since I've been going through Express Scripts in the U.S.A. for years.

I didn't check to see who manufactured it but will check the paperwork tonight!

Im gonna get the regular brand name proscar. I figure since it's already so much cheaper than propecia, I might as well go with the brand name to be on the safe side. 30 tablets for $81. Cut them suckers into quarters and really you get 120 pills or a whole 4 month supply worth. That's just me though. Where else can you get a pill cutter besides Wallgreens? How about Walmart or any other store?

Finally got around to checking the paperwork. My generic Proscar was manufatured by Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. It is based out of Israel and operates globally in 19 countries on 5 continents (including the USA).

Did some research on Teva and believe that this generic will be OK. Because my insurance covers this, I get a six-month supply of this generic stuff for $15.00 (after cutting them up). I think it would cost me $90.00 or more for the Merck Proscar for a six month supply. If the generic doesn't work, I'll ask for the brand-name Merck Proscar next time.