Help mask the redness

I've tried something recently that works quite well in blending in the redness after a HT with the rest of your skin - self tanner. You can get this stuff at any drugstore. You apply it to the skin and in 2 hours - instant tan. I used some that's specifically for the face and it turned out remarkably real looking. Ask your wife or girlfriend - they should be familiar with this stuff. Now there isn't such an obvious deviation in skin tone around the hairline.

I've tried something recently that works quite well in blending in the redness after a HT with the rest of your skin - self tanner. You can get this stuff at any drugstore. You apply it to the skin and in 2 hours - instant tan. I used some that's specifically for the face and it turned out remarkably real looking. Ask your wife or girlfriend - they should be familiar with this stuff. Now there isn't such an obvious deviation in skin tone around the hairline.

Yeah, good point. That stuff works well.

Helps alleviate "pasty white-boy syndrome" as well.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

Great suggestion, Bling. Sounds like it would make a big difference. How are things going,BTW? Has your hair grown back sufficiently to wear normally in public? Any shock loss?

Thanks.

HG

My hair has grown back about 3/4 of an inch and with a good coating of Prothik I have no problem going out to work or in public.

As for shock loss - I really don't think I've had any! It is hard to say though, because I don't usually wear my hair this short. But now that it's growing in, it doesn't seem to be any thinner than before.

• 2 weeks later...

I just had my 2nd transplant last Monday

Apr 14th. I now have a total of 1360 grafts transplanted. How long to wait for the stitches to be taken out. Last time was maybe two weeks and now they want to wait three. I have thin hair on the back and I have to conceal this with Toppik which works OK.

Also I'm very anxious for the scabs to fall off. They told me 7-10 days last time and it seemed to be more like 14. I will be back in work after 14 days.

Two weeks for sutures seems about right. I was told the surgical staples could be removed in about 9-10 days.

I have been using Graftcyte spray to help accelerate the healing process. It seems to be working well. In the past, my other doctors advised misting the grafts and sutures regularly with tap water. It kept them moist, but also seemed to accelerate the healing. It worked wellf or me, but I'll continue to use the Graftsyte now that I have it.

Mr. T