Dr. Pistone - Post Op

dhuge67

First off, let me tell you all that I did go through with the procedure and I am very pleased that I did. Dr. Pistone was amazing and exceptionally selfless in his approach to my operation. He told me that if I did not want to go forward with the operation, that he would refund my deposit and there would be no issue.

He said that I am in fact a rare exception, at 20, to be a candidate for the procedure. It all had to do with my pattern and progression of balding, which made me an appropriate candidate.

The whole surgery went very well (My Cousin Vinny and Tommy Boy played during the procedure) and I was in and out of consciousness due to the anesthetics. I never felt pain or discomfort and things seemed to go quickly. The pain medication (vicodin?) made me kind of sick, but once I stopped taking that, Tylenol did the trick without making me feel ill.

My future hairline looks fantastic and I think in a few months time, the 1,619 grafts are going to look phenominal and I'll be even more glad to have gone through this process.

A big thumbs up to Dr. Pistone and in talking to him, I can tell that he's not in practice to "take" people, but to honestly, and wholeheartedly help people. I can't wait for the final results and I'll let my pictures speak for themselves.

Thank you all too, for some good information (though some info was better than others icon_wink.gif ) and I hope you wish me luck in my recovery and growth phases.

I'll post pics shortly.

Chris

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

First off, let me tell you all that I did go through with the procedure and I am very pleased that I did. Dr. Pistone was amazing and exceptionally selfless in his approach to my operation. He told me that if I did not want to go forward with the operation, that he would refund my deposit and there would be no issue.

He said that I am in fact a rare exception, at 20, to be a candidate for the procedure. It all had to do with my pattern and progression of balding, which made me an appropriate candidate.

The whole surgery went very well (My Cousin Vinny and Tommy Boy played during the procedure) and I was in and out of consciousness due to the anesthetics. I never felt pain or discomfort and things seemed to go quickly. The pain medication (vicodin?) made me kind of sick, but once I stopped taking that, Tylenol did the trick without making me feel ill.

My future hairline looks fantastic and I think in a few months time, the 1,619 grafts are going to look phenominal and I'll be even more glad to have gone through this process.

A big thumbs up to Dr. Pistone and in talking to him, I can tell that he's not in practice to "take" people, but to honestly, and wholeheartedly help people. I can't wait for the final results and I'll let my pictures speak for themselves.

Thank you all too, for some good information (though some info was better than others icon_wink.gif ) and I hope you wish me luck in my recovery and growth phases.

I'll post pics shortly.

Chris

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Best of luck and keep us updated, I didn't see any pics of the procedure in the other thread? Did you put them up yet. Try not to look at your head too much over the next few months icon_smile.gif

Good luck.

Originally posted by dhuge67:

I'll post pics shortly.

Chris

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Trying to upload them, having some server issues...almost there though!

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Chris,

Good luck to you during the recovery process. Be patient during the dormant phase and look forward to some serious growth in the future. I would guess by mid-summer you should see some serious results.

I think I remember you considering finesteride (propecia), are you now taking it?

Look forward to seeing your pics! icon_smile.gif

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• Administrators

Dhuge,

Congratulations on having a postive surgical experience.

I know we'd all like to see your immediate post op photos. I suggest you create photo album in our Photo Album forum and then add a link to it on this forum.

Just go to the forum that contains all the photo albums and select new and then "Photo Album". You will then be able to upload your photos on to this forum from your computer. Please be sure to first reduce the size of your photos to under 100 k each and save them as JPEGS.

I look forward to seeing your surgical results.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

http://web.mac.com/chrisd7/iWeb/Site/HT.html

IMG_3892.jpg

IMG_3969.jpg

IMG_3968.jpg

IMG_3970.jpg

Those pics are from 2 days post op, immediately after taking off an ace-bandage that I had wound tightly around my head and where the stitches were. I wore a sort of spandex doorag over that. It looks a bit more red on the pics that it does since I've washed it by now.

I'm also just starting to scab nicely, so I'm hoping these bastards fall off within the next 2-3 days or so.

Thanks for the support, and I think you'll agree, it looks good (or at least will).

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

No comments? For some reason, I didn't expect to get any.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

D, congratulations on coming through ok. I hope this life-changing experience will allow you to give back to other fellow sufferers. It looks like your hairline will be restored back to normal, and hopefully make you happy.

I do have a few questions,so feel free to PM me if you like, so that I can ask them. Other than that, happy growing, and I hope you will continue to post your progress in the coming moths. Cheers! icon_smile.gif

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Administrators

Dhuge67,

After finally seeing your photos I can understand why as young man you wanted to restore your temple areas, which were very receded for someone your age.

I hope that you get excellent growth and that the Propecia will hold the line on further thinning.

Best wishes, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

dhuge67,

From viewing your photo it looks like you will see a dramatic change. Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery and excellent results. I'm sure it will be a change for the postitive!

Keep us posted on your progress.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Originally posted by hairbank:

dhuge67,

From viewing your photo it looks like you will see a dramatic change. Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery and excellent results. I'm sure it will be a change for the postitive!

Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks for the kind words, I'd call that my "feel good moment of the day." haha

Anyway, I will keep you updated with photos as things change.

Can't wait to get the stitches out on Friday and for the freaking scabs to fall off...

Then I'll start to feel really excited.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Does anyone else ever feel like it doesn't look like there are as many FUs on your head as were moved? I can see how they add up quickly, but it's hard to fathom that there are almost 2,000 individual ones up there...

Such a high tech procedure, when you really think about it.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Is anyone having problems pulling up the photos. I am having problems at work trying to view them. There might be a security block, but I have been able to view other picture albums? Also. Dhuge, can you let us know what your procedure cost? I am very close to seeing a few doctors myself. I live in the south jersey area so Dr. Pistone would be first since he is closest.

Thanks

Darren

It was $6,500.

I took the pics down because I'm doing things with my website.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Howdy, here's my post-op 2 and 8 day pictures...big difference!

http://web.mac.com/chrisd7/iWeb/Site/FUHT.html

Here's an example...

Day 2

IMG_3978.jpg

Day 8

DSC00330.jpg

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog