Switched from Rogaine Liquid to Foam...now shedding..or could it be propecia?

MrBALDwin

Hey guys,

Just a quick question.

Ive been on Rogaine Liquid 5% for 4 months. Intially noticed alot of shedding 1-3 months into the med and all cleared up (with regrowth) around the 4 month mark.

Switched from the liquid to the foam 5% on 3rd April and started finpecia (generic propecia) on May 5th and have noticed alot of shedding.

Now is this because i've added a new drug like propecia to my daily rountine or from switching from the liquid to the foam?

Because i thought the foam and liquid rogaine both had the same active ingredient Minodil.

Hope you anyone can help?

many thanks

Anthony.

Navy4UK,

I'm not sure how or why people missed this thread, so allow me to apologize.

An initial shedding period is typical anytime you start any new hair loss medication. Adding finasteride to your regime may very well have caused the additional shedding phase. I've also heard some Rogaine users complain about additional shedding when they've switched from the liquid to foam or vice versa. I do however, recommend sticking with them (short of any side effects) to see how things develop. Rogaine is suggested for at least 4 months before concluding if it works and finasteride is for a year. Keep in mind that if they are working for you, you should continue using them to continue their benefit. Stopping the medication will most likely cause hair loss to continue.

Best wishes,

Bill

"Cannot get free advice for free".

I take back completely. Exellent responce and very much relieved. I was very anxious and concerned from the "sudden" shedding. Looking for answers and people ignoring doesnt help at all. Apologises for remarks.

Thanks a millino Bill.

I will post a update on the 3+ month mark from using the new drugs/modification.

• 8 months later...
Originally posted by Navy4UK:

"Cannot get free advice for free".

I take back completely. Exellent responce and very much relieved. I was very anxious and concerned from the "sudden" shedding. Looking for answers and people ignoring doesnt help at all. Apologises for remarks.

Thanks a millino Bill.

I will post a update on the 3+ month mark from using the new drugs/modification.

so what's the verdict? it's been more than half a year...did rogaine yield results or not?

thanks

Using Propecia since 1997

Using Rogaine Foam once a day since 2012

Using Niazoral 2% once a week since 2012