Dr. Nakatsui, Possible Recommendation on our Community

Though a little late..........I'd like to add my $.02. Though my initial comments were "Wow" and I was really impressed by what I saw on his website, I also added that I'd like to hear from a patient or two before recommending him.

I guess what may need more definition here is what it takes for coalition membership. Should the rules be more narrowly defined i.e. results viewed on HTN, personal visit from Pat to clinic to see procedure/staff/techniques first-hand??

I trust Pat implicitly and believe he would not steer us wrong..........no way. In this situation, what I'm not sure of is first-hand information as to the results of Dr. Nakatsui which, IMO, should be necessary for Coalition membership. I guess originally I was thinking he would be recommended by HTN but not a part of the Coalition until we had more information and had the opportunity to see results "first-hand".

When you offer temporary membership (to be proven as time goes on) to one surgeon that will undoubtedly open the door for this kind of thing in the future. Is that what we want? I agree with Bspot that we want to grow membership and broaded our horizons in the assistance we offer to various global locations. However, I believe the key to proper growth in any arena is best achieved by first having the proper template in place.

In this case, I believe our template for Coalition membership either needs adjusted or redefined and should easily be able to determine whether or not a surgeon is able to join the coalition.

Pat- I appreciate your seeking input from HTN forum members on the proposed surgeons. From my prospective, if you'd like it to be a group decision on who's allowed in to the coalition, we may want to look at redefining requirements for membership. You have my trust and support and should you choose to make these decisions on your own I understand and will continue to support this site.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• Administrators

To provide us with additional information and insight into his technique I asked Dr. Nakatsui to post photos showing his immediate post operative results. He has done so and the photo album containing his photos can be viewed by clicking here.

I'm also encouraging Dr. Nakatsui to make it easier for his patients to find our community and post their experiences by adding links to our forum and free patient weblogs.

I look forward to seeing and hearing from his patients.

Best wishes, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

After extensive review, both privately and publicly on this forum, I'm pleased to announce that Dr. Nakatsui has been granted membership in the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I want to thank everyone for their valuable input regarding Dr. Nakatsui's standing with this community.

To read the formal announcement of Dr. Nakatsui's new membership please view, Changes to the recommended physicians on this community.

Best wishes, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Great Pat,

He looks to be a fine addition to the Coalition. I also hope he will actively participate here and post the fine results he seems to be producing.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.