Pricing Question for Newbie

percy-

You really need to post some pics for us to get any idea of how much loss you have and provide some background on yourself.............like are you doing anything for loss prevention (Finasteride, Minoxidil) and how old you are.

If it's just hairline and temple work you may not need many grafts but it's all relative to your situation including your age.

Most HT Docs quote somewhere around $4.50 for the first 2000 grafts then $2.50 for anything in addition.

Hope this helps.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Percy,

Welcome to our community.

I believe your questions been answered, however, a few things...

A hair transplant does nothing to STOP hair loss, so if you have any native hair left, considering getting on finasteride to slow/stop your hair loss.

Providing your age, family history of hairloss, and some pictures will help us determine the best route for you.

Cheers,

Bill

Originally posted by percy2828:

Hi - I have never done any research regarding hair transplants but I know that I desperately need one. I now have a standard "horse shoe" shaped hairline. How much is the total going to cost for that?

Also depends quite a bit on where you have it done. As HB said, I was quoted $4.50 for the first 2000 and $2.50 for the rest in North America.

Dr. Path in Thailand has a variable structure that runs from $2.25 to $2.00

Dr. A in India I think goes as low as $1.00/graft.

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

• Administrators

Percy2828,

Welcome to our hair loss community. Posting your photos would be helpful.

But step number one is estimating the number of grafts/hairs that you will need now and in the future to achieve your hair restoration goal.

There is also a page on the Hair Transplant Network on the subject of cost. To visit it click here.

We do have an animated "Graft Calculator" that will help you get a ball park idea of how many grafts you may need. To use this interactive animation and view other animations, vist our Multi Media Center.

After you spend time doing your own research you will ultimately probally want to do a free consult with a top physician. This site provides information on many of the very best hair transplant physicians in the world.

You've come to the right place. Best wishes for getting the results you want and enjoying this great community and its many well informed members.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.