haircut/new growth

Hello,

I think a few are beginning to grow, although it is not filling in yet. I can feel a difference, and I am going on that.

I know that when my hair fills in, especially if it is thick, that it will have differences in length with my previous transplants. I want to get it cut close. For those of you who were at this stage, how and when did you do this and to wqhat extent was it cut?

Thanks-it is nice to have a forum with people who are kind to people they never meet.

Hello,

I think a few are beginning to grow, although it is not filling in yet. I can feel a difference, and I am going on that.

I know that when my hair fills in, especially if it is thick, that it will have differences in length with my previous transplants. I want to get it cut close. For those of you who were at this stage, how and when did you do this and to wqhat extent was it cut?

Thanks-it is nice to have a forum with people who are kind to people they never meet.

it depends on how short you wear your hair. I usually wear my hair short and at the 9 weeks post op mark and starting to see some thin hair sprouting too. I just get it buzzed down to a #4-5 every month or so, so that the new hair will eventually catch up in length to the existing hair. If you look carefully at the new hair, most of them come out really thin with almost no pigments and will continue to grow longer and thicker, so it'll be simply a matter of time before the new hair match up with existing hair in length and thickness.

10 years out,

How long or short you cut your hair and how often is totally up to you and won't effect the growth of your transplanted hairs.

Personally, I used to cut my hair down to a 2 clip just about every week with my own clippers - just to keep everything even. Just keep in mind, cutting your hair too short may reveal your scar.

Bill

To each his own with hair length after the HT. Personally, I wanted to keep all of my hair around 1" when grown out for better scar coverage until healing. My wife said it looked better longer and to stop cutting it................just do what you're comfortable with I suppose.

I'm with Bill, to me the primary concern would be seeing that the scar is covered.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.