Hair growth following surgery

Question concerning hair growth in the weeks following surgery. What should I expect? I'm almost afraid to ask, because I've got these great, smallish (1/2") little hairs where nothing was there 18 days ago (days since surgery.;I've been hoping that maybe my donor area consists of some sort of super strain of hair. Is this possible, can these little hairs stay? I need some experienced HT guys comments here.

I've been searching the site trying to find some consistent agreement about when the shedding of these "relocated" follicles should have occurred, or will occur, hoping I'm safe. Has anyone kept the new growth. I think realistically I'm bucking the odds, but I just want them to stay, you know. Any help ????

By the way, these "relocated" hairs are in an area where there was some minimal fine hair to begin with.

I just reread this and think I sound obsessive. Oh well, I guess this wouldn't be the first obsessive post on this site, would it.

Question concerning hair growth in the weeks following surgery. What should I expect? I'm almost afraid to ask, because I've got these great, smallish (1/2") little hairs where nothing was there 18 days ago (days since surgery.;I've been hoping that maybe my donor area consists of some sort of super strain of hair. Is this possible, can these little hairs stay? I need some experienced HT guys comments here.

I've been searching the site trying to find some consistent agreement about when the shedding of these "relocated" follicles should have occurred, or will occur, hoping I'm safe. Has anyone kept the new growth. I think realistically I'm bucking the odds, but I just want them to stay, you know. Any help ????

By the way, these "relocated" hairs are in an area where there was some minimal fine hair to begin with.

I just reread this and think I sound obsessive. Oh well, I guess this wouldn't be the first obsessive post on this site, would it.

honestly, i'm sure you'll experience some so called HAIR SHOCK FALLOUT...i'm no doctor but i had a couple of hair transplants done on me and yes i've experienced just about everything good and bad.

so here it is...about 90% of those newly planted grafts and most of the surrounding original hairs around them will fall out about 2 months...and you might or i should say you will look alot thinner or balder then.... that's normal though but do not worry about the original hairs falling out it should grow back. NOT!!!!!!!!! sorry, just being honest here...

man, welcome to the club of kicking our asses why we had to get a hair transplant... did'nt you read this forum before you got a ht. IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!!!! now, go sign up for another ht with good doctors i hope. good luck.

"more head means more head"

hey life..., sorry to sound pessimistic like that...seriously, just relax i'm sure you'll be fine. most guys will be replying back with better info and all. i forgot i was just like you once... and still am.. take care, bro.

life in the glen:

Don't count on any tranplanted hairs staying the duration, but actually some might. I know for a fact that a very few of my soldiers never left the battlefield. But they were too few and too far between to be combat effective.

At about 18 days post op, I'd say that I had about 5-10% of the hairs still around. Month 1 is sucksville. Month 2, better. Month 3, pretty cool and decent regrowth. Month 4 ??? not there yet!

So, they may stay and shed and be replaced normally. But I'd say if it is over 10% of your hairs, then likely most will be hasta la vista soon.

Hope not, though. Maybe you are the 6-sigma case!

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

Thanks for the kind words.

No, I'm no couselor. But I find posting is sometimes a great way to "break away" for a bit from everything I'm responsible for.

But the main thing is that I personally believe that people are made stronger by seeking to work with others rather than by going it alone.

It sucks to "go for it" and find out how horribly uneducated you were about the whole thing. All that brings is doubt and regret. Who the hell needs that? I figure if I think that way, then I should try to help others similarly.

You know, life is full of challenges and setbacks. But I've always found that I can bounce back if I ensure my mistake wasn't too great and I learn from it.

Getting a chop shop HT is just a setback I was fortunate to avoid. That would NOT have happened without help from others here, and I am grateful.

Just time to give a little back. If it helps someone rethink things and proceed with confidence about their hairloss, then I'm contributing no more and no less than those before me who helped me proceed with confidence and clarity of thought.

Okay, so brevity isn't a strong suit of mine! icon_smile.gif

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.