wuz up with docs not filling in the recepient sites themselves

paris_caine

just wondering. wuz up with most docs extracting the hair from donor sites but then having their assistants fill in the recepient sites. first off, most docs seem to do that, going by these forums. Does that bother anyone besides me? isnt the placement of these hairs of utmost importance? am i missing something?

just wondering. wuz up with most docs extracting the hair from donor sites but then having their assistants fill in the recepient sites. first off, most docs seem to do that, going by these forums. Does that bother anyone besides me? isnt the placement of these hairs of utmost importance? am i missing something?

With my experience, Dr. Cooley placed the hair in the most crucial place which is the actual hairline itself. The hairline and temples must be placed just right or it won't look right. His assistant filled in the places behind.

If you have a surgeon that lets his nurses place ALL of the HT grafts-- then that is a RED FLAG. Most great HT surgeons at least place the critital grafts like in the hairline and temples as well as correction/fill in grafts. Their nurses might place the midscalp or something but even then usually the doctor is on one side placing grafts while the nurse is on the other.

Some doctors actually do all the placement but that is rare-- most of the good ones at least do the important noticable areas and even work with nurses on placing other areas.