Shave all that off? The answer for me?

Young Loser

My hair loss and the waering of a hair system has caused me more stree than even the death of someone very close to me a few years ago. I remember the stress and agony that caused me, but somehow this has caused more. Maybe because it alters me physically and for life and its not somthing you can "get over" it is a problem with no REAL solution.

So after much frustration I am thinking VERY seriously about losing the piece ahd shaving off what remains. Sure I'll be bald but DAMN all this stress will be GONE. No longer will I have to fear, basically EVERYTHING, swimming, girls touching my head, convertibles, going out at all, etc. I cannot live like this and I see no other options as I am too young for a transplant and we aren't "cool" enough to clone hairs yet and when we are only celeberties will probably be able to afford it. So I'm thinking about shaving it all off, only trouble is who knows how it will look? Also the fact that I'm just average, not made of musicle so I may look very silly or unintentinally homosexual and I dont mean to offend anyone but you porlly know what I mean.

Plus if I shave my head don't I have to get a tatoo aond rob people and smoke weed and stuff? Oh no? Ok just checking ;-)

My hair loss and the waering of a hair system has caused me more stree than even the death of someone very close to me a few years ago. I remember the stress and agony that caused me, but somehow this has caused more. Maybe because it alters me physically and for life and its not somthing you can "get over" it is a problem with no REAL solution.

So after much frustration I am thinking VERY seriously about losing the piece ahd shaving off what remains. Sure I'll be bald but DAMN all this stress will be GONE. No longer will I have to fear, basically EVERYTHING, swimming, girls touching my head, convertibles, going out at all, etc. I cannot live like this and I see no other options as I am too young for a transplant and we aren't "cool" enough to clone hairs yet and when we are only celeberties will probably be able to afford it. So I'm thinking about shaving it all off, only trouble is who knows how it will look? Also the fact that I'm just average, not made of musicle so I may look very silly or unintentinally homosexual and I dont mean to offend anyone but you porlly know what I mean.

Plus if I shave my head don't I have to get a tatoo aond rob people and smoke weed and stuff? Oh no? Ok just checking ;-)

Check out a website called Bald R Us, they are all about this kind of thing.

The shaved look is big now, I see a lot of guys doing it. I live in a big city and every day I see guys with shaved heads, hanging out with good looking chicks. At worst, most girls don't mind, and some girls really like it. Because I have hair loss myself, I can't help but notice 90% of these guys shaved it probably because of hair loss. Who cares? Nobody else really cares except other neurotic bald guys like us. Only a neurotic person who needs to get a life (me, I guess LOL) is going to stare at your head looking for the "missing stubble".

Some people say that only big muscular guys look good with shaved heads, I don't think that is true. Look at Moby, Michael Stipe (REM) Billy Corgan etc. These guys are far from muscular. I'm sure there are lots of other examples I can't think of, right now.

You can still try using Propecia, even though you are shaving your head. It may be a good idea (?) to try to retain the hair you still have, even if your hair is shaved or short. If you ever change your mind you will appreciate saving that hair. It's good to keep all your options open. Hell you can always wear a hairpiece again, if you change your mind.

I would say go for it.

Originally posted by arfy:

Check out a website called Bald R Us, they are all about this kind of thing.

The shaved look is big now, I see a lot of guys doing it. I live in a big city and every day I see guys with shaved heads, hanging out with good looking chicks. At worst, most girls don't mind, and some girls really like it. Because I have hair loss myself, I can't help but notice 90% of these guys shaved it probably because of hair loss. Who cares? Nobody else really cares except other neurotic bald guys like us. Only a neurotic person who needs to get a life (me, I guess LOL) is going to stare at your head looking for the "missing stubble".

Some people say that only big muscular guys look good with shaved heads, I don't think that is true. Look at Moby, Michael Stipe (REM) Billy Corgan etc. These guys are far from muscular. I'm sure there are lots of other examples I can't think of, right now.

You can still try using Propecia, even though you are shaving your head. It may be a good idea (?) to try to retain the hair you still have, even if your hair is shaved or short. If you ever change your mind you will appreciate saving that hair. It's good to keep all your options open. Hell you can always wear a hairpiece again, if you change your mind.

I would say go for it.

well those guys you mentioned: Moby, Michael Stipe (REM) Billy Corgan all look pretty scary with their bald heads but i do see your point.

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

• Administrators

Hey,

Let's not forget about captain Picard of the Star Trek Enterprise. Of course cynics may say he is sexy because he's driving a starship rather than pushing a shopping cart.

But seriously I do think the shaved look can look good.

When we were building the Hair Loss Learning Center one of the graphic designers had a shaved look that worked well for him. So we took photos of him (see attached) to some day create a page in honor of the shaved look.

So should we make a "Shave look" page?

Brians_kids_and_Gene_011.jpg

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

If you can pull it off, I'd bet that its one heck of a lot less maintenance than that "piece"! Why not try it for fun? Heck, it is summer so most people will just think you are doing it for the heat. Get yourself a low, low buzz and then go to town with a Mach 3 or Schick Quattro. You may want to get some alcohol-free after shave, especially for that first shave. I used to shave my head once in a while just for fun while I was in the military, but I see civilian guys pull it off with great success all the time.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog