My first HT - 3375 FUHT for NW6

roy_sam

I got my first HT done on April 11'2007 by Dr AP( Dr. A) in Delhi. I'm 27 and a NW6. I have done some extensive research before my surgery and since a HT by surgeons in US is not financially possible for me I had to settle for someone in India. Dr A seemed to be the best one in India and I went ahead and got it done. He also did some body hair transplant ( chest and beard hair) to monitor the growth.

The operation was reasonably painless. However the night of the operation was painful as the effect of anesthesia dies down. The doctor and the stuff were very helpful and supportive.

Here is the the link of the Album and detailed report of my surgery.

Please post your comments.

I'll keep posting the progress every couple of months.

I got my first HT done on April 11'2007 by Dr AP( Dr. A) in Delhi. I'm 27 and a NW6. I have done some extensive research before my surgery and since a HT by surgeons in US is not financially possible for me I had to settle for someone in India. Dr A seemed to be the best one in India and I went ahead and got it done. He also did some body hair transplant ( chest and beard hair) to monitor the growth.

The operation was reasonably painless. However the night of the operation was painful as the effect of anesthesia dies down. The doctor and the stuff were very helpful and supportive.

Here is the the link of the Album and detailed report of my surgery.

Please post your comments.

I'll keep posting the progress every couple of months.

hello..slaphead..

i know ..i dnt have much donor hair..and thats why me and the doctor decided not to go for a conservative hairline. depending upon how this one works I plan to go for a 2nd HT to cover around the crown area.

i would like to know other members opinion of the work that being done ( though i know its too pre mature to say).

roy_sam,

Welcome to the forums. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and sharing your photos.

Here are the positives the way i see it: I would say that the grafts appear densely packed and that the blade used was a smaller custom cut blade which is definitely a plus. It is difficult to tell from the picture, but that's the impression that I get when looking at it. Additionally, I like the position of the conservative hairline. With your level of loss, I feel that is important.

I personaly don't like, however, how the grafts were placed moving back, ESPECIALLY since you and your doctor seem to believe your donor hair is limited.

I personally prefer the approach of starting more dense and placing the grafts further apart as you go back creating a natural blend into the native hair. Since you, however, already did address that you will most likely go back for a second procedure, then perhaps this is ok, assuming that whatever donor hair that is used will create a natural blend.

Are you currently using any medication (finasteride/minoxodil) in order to prevent future native hairloss?

Please keep us posted.

Bill

Sammy Boy,

Looks good guy. For work done in India I don't believe that you could have made a better choice. It looks like he did very refined work that should make a great cosmetic difference for you. Odds are with your limited donor, you will always have a thinning look, but hey, you'll never be bald again. icon_smile.gif

Dr. A is from what I have seen, by far the best and most skilled doc in India.

Interesting that he is also doing a test of body hair transfer for you. This might turn out to be another option for you in the crown area. Best of luck with things and keep us posted.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

@Bill

regarding the density...moving back ..let me give u the facts that the doc has given me so that it helps u in judging the quality of work being done.

leaving the hairline as it is...it seemed we had approximately 129 sq cm area to be covered and he decided to go for a density of 40 grafts/sq cm resulting in total need of 5160 grafts to cover the area. Thats the approach he has taken and I hope he kept that in mind while placing the graft at the back. The first strip yielded 3375 grafts and depending upon the result I plan to go for a 2nd procedure. Let me know your comments.

I'm on propecia and will start minoxidil as soon as the scar heals.

@Nelly

thanks dude. I had my inhibitions prior to selecting the doctor as all of the experienced members here suggest to come to US for a HT. Since I had to wait an eternity till I can afford a HT in US I had to settle for a surgeon in India. I'm glad I made the right choice.

I'll keep you all posted with periodic pictures and postings.

• 1 month later...

Hi all

I have posted my 2 month update pictures here

Seems I have lost the transplanted grafts which I think is expected.

Kindly have a look and give your comments on the progress.

I have also started propecia and minoxidil.

Front-2_months_post_op.JPG.e3150ad3ae14348227b27162b70589e8.JPG

hi roy sam,not much going on at the moment is there?but dont worry its all going on behind the scenes.you can see the dark patch where its going to be.i was at your stage at 2 months and watched it like a hawk.worse thing to do. try and forget about it and before you know it youll be hairy again icon_cool.giflook at my pics i was same sort of norwood as you,1 ht to the front two thirds.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

roy_sam,

I cant give you much in way of comments as I do not see much in your recent pix. But its nice to see someone posting pictures. I am following your case anxiously and will wait to see your results.

All the best.

not much to do now. the painful waiting period has begun.

seems i have lost moist of the transplanted grafts. i'll keep you all updated with periodic progress pictures.

@baldoy

I have seen ur pics before. ur progress has been good. lets see what is in store for me.

If you respond well to the combination of Propecia and Minoxidil then I think you will be happy Dr.A is the best in India for my money hands down. But if you do not respond well you may be left with an island of sorts and have to seek body hair to repair the transition zones from the top to the sides (NW7). Be diligent with your RX I think it will be pivotal in your case.

Good growth