How well does fue work on scars? I have a linear scar and am scheduled this week to have some fue's put into it. The doc says it will "break up" the scar. What do you think people mean by broken up? The scar is not all that bad, but I like to keep my hair short. Is Fue easier to go through than strip?

How well does fue work on scars? I have a linear scar and am scheduled this week to have some fue's put into it. The doc says it will "break up" the scar. What do you think people mean by broken up? The scar is not all that bad, but I like to keep my hair short. Is Fue easier to go through than strip?

Any time grafts are placed within scars it is somewhat of a mystery as to the success of growth. I have had cases were it appears that every graft grew successfully, and others where a lower percentage of the grafts showed hair growth. By placing FUE grafts throughout a donor scar you can potentially camaflauge the uniformity and visibility of the scar. This is what breaking up the scar means. Generally, the FUE method is a little easier to go through than the strip method. Mainly because it is a quicker procedure and there are no stitches that need to be removed. Like most other things in life each procedure has its advantages and disadvantages.

Dr. Charles, next time you see the patient(s) with grafted scars, please post pics of their donor area if you could. No face pics necessary at all, just donor. This is the missing link for strip patients.

Let it Grow.

Let it Grow.