Nioxin and Regenex?

I've been using Nioxin for about 6 months (the cleanser, scalp therapy, nutritent gel) and I've noticed my hair a lot more "clean" with no "build up"-- its very smooth, however I havent noticed any hair regrowth? Does anyone no how long before one might see improvments?

ALso, I noticed Regenex website now has on-line ordering available and the prices are more economical than Nioxin. Has anyone tried Regenex--beside Matthew McCon. who said he has taken it for 2 years to get his results-- thats a long time. Any experience out there on these 2 shampoo systems?

I may not be up to speed on shampoos, but in my opinion all you can hope for from a shampoo is "nice hair".

I would be stunned to learn that any shampoo had a positive effect on hair loss.

Even topicals like Minoxidil have limited value, and you leave them on all day. A shampoo is on your head for only a few minutes. I just don't see how it could do anything more than give you "nice hair" for the day.

If I'm wrong about that, I'd like to know...

Arfy,

Your right, Shampoos do not help to regrow hair. However, the newer shampoos, like Nioxin, do keep your hair shaft and scalp extremely clean. They also help remove DHT on the scalp surface and add nutrients to the hair itself. These type of shampoos, in my opinion, leverage HT, and drugs like propecia that work internal. Using high tech shampoos only will not do you any good in maintaining your hairloss.

Arfy, keep up the good postings.

• 1 month later...

Smoothy,

Have you tried Nizorol( 2%??) ? What does this community prefer or consider the best shampoo for people with hair loss ? Have you heard hair growth claims by any others, like your friends, family memebers, this forum members,e tc ?

i have been using Head & Shoulders for a long time now.. but was always scared of the "medicine-like" look of Nizorol..

thanks.

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

PD,

You need to change from Head and Shoulders to 2%. I only use 1% because that with Nioxon shampoo combined with propecia and xtra strength rogain does the job for now. When I had my first procedure 13 yrs ago the doctors at that time recommended head and shoulders,,,Time and technology has advanced and so should you. Plus you only have to use the 2% solution about twice a week-- that all and use the other nutrient base shampoos like Nioxon or something similar for full clean hair ... First, if you havent started.. get on propecia and 5% rogain ASAP-- this will stop your hairloss, it might not regrow only 30% of the people but it will stop loss in 90%-- maintain what you got left.

Smoothy,

Thanks for the advice. I was actually using Head & Shoulders only because it felt good. I didnt know it had hair loss prevention benefits !!! So by "2%", you mean "Nizoral 2%" ???? I am sorry I am really not upto speed with shampoos.

And if it is Nizoral 2%, are there any risks/side effects involved that you know or heard of ?

Thanks.

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135