is it possible?

Bruno

Hello group,

i am a first time poster but a long time reader of the board and it is a great help for me.

I am currently a NW 2 and i have been on proscar for 6 months now. I am 22 years old and i wonder if it is possible that i turn up to be a NW 6 or 7.

I read that when you start young with the meds, there is a good chance of keeping your crown and midscalp-area. Is this true?

I am thinking of taking rogaine together with the proscar and i hope i will be able to keep hair on those parts ( crown and midscalp ).

Can you please give your comments?

Hello group,

i am a first time poster but a long time reader of the board and it is a great help for me.

I am currently a NW 2 and i have been on proscar for 6 months now. I am 22 years old and i wonder if it is possible that i turn up to be a NW 6 or 7.

I read that when you start young with the meds, there is a good chance of keeping your crown and midscalp-area. Is this true?

I am thinking of taking rogaine together with the proscar and i hope i will be able to keep hair on those parts ( crown and midscalp ).

Can you please give your comments?

Keep your fingers crossed with Finasteride. Some guys do great, some guys do okay, and then some guys do not respond at all.

If I were you, I would maybe hold off on starting Minoxidil for now, and keep it up your sleeve for some time down the line.

I'd keep going with the proscar for a year or two, and then re-assess where you are. That's just me... I'd try to keep it simple if possible, and only add other treatments if they seem necessary.

Regarding how far you might progress, the guys who start losing hair young, often are destined to lose a lot of hair. Hopefully the Proscar can interfere with the progression, for you. There is no way to be 100 percent sure of how much hair you will lose, because there is no way to know how you will respond to Proscar or Propecia. Other factors are just "clues" (like family history) and are not written in stone.

Hopefully you respond well to medication, and will never lose very much hair, and can skip a transplant completely.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I read that when you start young with the meds, there is a good chance of keeping your crown and midscalp-area. Is this true

Young guys typically seem to get good results because guys with recent hair loss tend to respond well (better than guys who have been bald for a long time).

The thing that Proscar does best is prevent hair loss... regrowing lost hair can be harder to do.

that is excactly what i hope. I try to keep my expectations low so everything is a plus. I really dont expect the Proscar to regrow my hairline, but if it slows down the hair loss, i'll be happy. My only fear is to turn up to be a NW6 or NW7 and i wont have enough donorhair to get a descent transplant in the future.