Laser Hair Transplants

I was treated by laser about 6 years ago.

A laser was used to create the little holes.

I was a newbie at the time and attracted to the word "laser".

However knowing what I know now I must state that lasers do not offer any advantage during hair surgery. On the contrary, lasers are using heat. Heat and skin leads to burns and scarring. I would not recommend the use of lasers.

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

I have not had Lasik myself but I believe a blade is used to cut the cornea before the laser treatment. Regardless, for superficial incisions on the scalp, small flat blades are very precise.

Interesting article, BTW.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

The intensity of a laser to cut through scalp tissue is different than the laser for eye surgery. It has to be of a higher intensity because the tissue is thicker and more dense than corneal tissue.

The problem with lasers for hair surgery is that it cauterizes the peripheral blood vessels and capillaries thereby reducing the blood flow into to the incision site for the new graft. The chance of low yield is more probable simply because the graft does not get the nourishment that it needs post-operatively.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians