2ND H/T done and dusted

Abby

Well the good news is that I eventually decided to go for the plunge. DR H managed a further 2500 grafts 5.5 hrs. This is my 2nd night and the pain isnt that bad as I had originally anticipated, dont get me wrong, the throbbing hasnt subsided, its still painful at times and still have to be carefull. I've stop taking one of the painkillers as it was making me feel nausic and switched to conventional meds , paracetomal, which seems to have helped a little.

Also I used an inflatable travel pillow the 1st night to help reduce some of the pressure although I got very little sleep I must admit.

Right now day 2 im just icing the forehead to reduce some of the swelling, accompanied by a little temprature and a teeny weeny feeling of nausea at times and tummy ache.

I removed the bandage from my head and it resembles something out of Frankenstein's film, big and square.

Well the good news is that I eventually decided to go for the plunge. DR H managed a further 2500 grafts 5.5 hrs. This is my 2nd night and the pain isnt that bad as I had originally anticipated, dont get me wrong, the throbbing hasnt subsided, its still painful at times and still have to be carefull. I've stop taking one of the painkillers as it was making me feel nausic and switched to conventional meds , paracetomal, which seems to have helped a little.

Also I used an inflatable travel pillow the 1st night to help reduce some of the pressure although I got very little sleep I must admit.

Right now day 2 im just icing the forehead to reduce some of the swelling, accompanied by a little temprature and a teeny weeny feeling of nausea at times and tummy ache.

I removed the bandage from my head and it resembles something out of Frankenstein's film, big and square.

Day 3 guys got 7 hrs sleep last night, was able to gently lay my head on the pillow. The horrid pain has subsided just feeling very tenderish with the odd bolt lightning type of pain comming and going. I have reduced the intake of medication, just taking anti-biotics. Im of the painkillers and the sleeping tablets and increased my liquid consumption intake. These H/Ts do drain the system , a lot of NRG is consumed. Still have the odd nausic feeling and tummy churn.

I must admit I was on the verge of changing my mind on the last minute , if I hadnt read Bills and other member comments encouraging me to persevere, I probably would have given it a miss???????

It wasnt easy I was full of anxiety stress and even hypervetiltating before the op with a nasty build of excessive acid in my stomach, increased heart rate BP you name it, it was the classic fight or flight syndrome effect taking over.

Dr H had to calm me down telling me to take my time, when ever im ready just give him and the staff a shout. Took nearly 20 minutes to calm down.

Abby,

Even going through surgery 4 times now, a week or two before my 4th procedure, I experienced some anxiety. But now that the procedure is over, I'm glad I did it and now the waiting begins, just like for you :-).

I'm glad you were eventually able to calm down and that remembering the encouragement you received from this community helped to get you through it.

I'm sure the additional 2500 grafts will serve you well and give you even more density.

I hope you'll update your blog with new photos so we can see how everything looks after surgery.

Get some rest over the next few days and grow well :-).

Bill