graph naturalness

I was just wondering now that I'm 2 weeks post op if the graphs should be indistinguishable from native hair. I realize they will shed but was wondering if this is how they will look in a few months when they start to grow in again. While they don't look bad right now I'm not convinced they look natural. Perhaps that's because my native hair is much longer or because when first placed they just don't appear the same as they will down the road. The hair seems to have a much thicker texture than my native hair. I hope it will blend in and be undetectable down the road. Are my thought rational or more just based on being a bit paranoid?

I was just wondering now that I'm 2 weeks post op if the graphs should be indistinguishable from native hair. I realize they will shed but was wondering if this is how they will look in a few months when they start to grow in again. While they don't look bad right now I'm not convinced they look natural. Perhaps that's because my native hair is much longer or because when first placed they just don't appear the same as they will down the road. The hair seems to have a much thicker texture than my native hair. I hope it will blend in and be undetectable down the road. Are my thought rational or more just based on being a bit paranoid?

hairdini,

You can't judge how a transplant will look at 2 weeks post op. Of course, physician selection is vital in determining a natural look. Remind me...who was your physician?

Personally, I think it's also very difficult to determine IF the recipient area is shaved, whether the grafts are shedding or whether you are losing some native hair due to shock. That's why nothing can truly be evaluated until at the very least 9 months, but with certainty, a year.

Bill

hairdini, I wouldn't worry about the "look" of the grafts right now. First, those hairs are from your donor area and cut just above the root. For that reason alone, they will appear thicker than your native hair. Second, assuming your native hair is strong and not subject to continued thinning, when the grafts regrow, all things should blend nicely. Of course, the actual aesthetics are at the hands of your surgeon.

Hi

Keep in mind when the grafts grow in they will be of different texture than the surrounding hair and may cause the area to look "hard". This is only temporary as the hair will eventually smoothen out and blend in nicely

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

What is stated above is all accurate. Give it some time and things will start to blend and look more natural as long as you had a good physician.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Is there anyone who is really satisfied with there transplant? also is there anyone really happy with the density? does anyone have the front third of there head with a result that looks full even under the sunlight?

Hi TT

I am extremely happy with my 2 HT's .. Most recently I had a third which is only at 1.5 months post op ( no results yet) The last one just finish up the job icon_smile.gif

Regarding fullness, it would depend on what Norwood or degree of hairloss the person had prior ( and donor amount).. It would be unrelaistic to expect a thick head of hair if you were compeletely bald however there are others who do attain fullness. Look at the photos and judge.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Cool I feel relaxed again!! I actually was checking out Gorpy's pics and his graph had the same appearance as mine during the initial stages. However, when you look at his 8 month photos it looks 100 percent undetectable. Since Gorpy and I had the same surgeon I'm now confident I will follow a path of progress similar to him.

Here's something kind of funny. I was out the other night and met this beautiful woman. I have not met a beautiful woman who had a romantic interest in me for over a year now. Where I met her was kind of dark so she could not see the little HT graphs in the front of my head. I'm now going on a date this Sunday with her and am actually hoping the graphs will hurry up and shed. It's kind of funny because if it were not for her I'd be sorry to see the little guys go. I think I'll be pretty well shed by Sunday! Funny how life works sometimes.

Hi

Remember,it was dark.. haha..

Good luck on the date! For the record, half of grafts on my 3rd HT have not shed. It's almost 2 months post op and the stubble is coming in ..

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hardini,

Glad my pics could be of help. Hairs can bend and crimp after the transplant, so they are not really an indication of what they will look like later. When the graft sheds, it will grow in as baby fine hair barely visible, at the angle it was transplanted. Don't worry, it will look very natural.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery