Since I have had HT I am wondering if anyone has ever shaved

Stim

their head with a razor? If so how did it look?

I have had the linear type HT done. Was there noticeable scarring?

[This message was edited by Stim on March 08, 2004 at 08:07 PM.]

Yes, there are some guys who have shaved their head after HT, for whatever reason.

once shaved, some dont care about the scar, and some it bothers them greatly. Like ive seen one guy at a dunkin donuts recently, with a strip scar on the back of their head. (they shaved their head). I noticed it, but then again us baldies often have their "hairdar" on and notice these things icon_smile.gif So he didnt care how it looks, but others it upsets them.

it really depends on how long/wide the scar is, to tell if its noticeable or not.

You can have it filled in now adays with FUE, but even then you wont be able to shave it without a line show, and buzz cut it at best.

here is a guy on the board who is going to have his scar filled in with FUE/non strip grafts:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/attachments/DSC02168%2EJPG

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=31674&STARTPAGE=2

You should contact "Whoops" if you are interested in having your scar filled in like he is.

Well, since I have found this site I have had a strong concern about my donor area. In the past I have thought about the donor area but never had a concern about it. I got HT when I was 20 up till about 23 and I am now 27. I have had a lot done!! I guess I am concerned with the fact that my donor area is simply not that thick! I am worried about it thinning and being noticeable as I get older or getting sick of the HT and just shaving my head. I just hate really being stuck with ONE OPTION and that is to deal with the HT and not be able to shave my head..

Go to Hairlosshelp.com in the HT forums, and you'll see a poster named Whoops who recently got his scars (that's right, more than one of them) grafted. He shaved/buzzed his head down in the donor area and his scars are now grafted. He posted enough pics to show you what he did. Just stay close and watch the updates from this procedure.

Let it Grow.

Let it Grow.