how influential is this site?

Guest josh - b

Guest josh - b

I was just thinking today on how much influence this site and hlh have on a doctors business.

I know its impossible to quantify but does anybody have a rough idea how important a good online rep is to a doctor?

How much of a doctors business is generated directly through people accessing these forums?

I dont know, but i think many people dont look on this site or others only on the sites of the doc they want to concult, perhaps these docs are not far away from home or they hear something. I cannot believe, why people are going to butchers in this time of www.

This site is a good start to research, but in all forums u will find fakes and cheerleader ... !

I have found my doc without that sites u mentioned and i had big luck !

josh,if i am going to spend a considerable amount of money on anything be it a car,camera,tv etc,the first port of call is a google search. nine times out of ten i will end up reading reviews on a forum like this one from real people.that way im armed with all the info i need going in to a shop so i can bypass the salesman.i really have a problem with salesmen icon_mad.gif

so in my opinion these sites are helpful to a dr,s reputation.that said i think word of mouth has a huge bearing on a dr,s work load.i know from my experience that my dr always has 4-6 month waiting list and yet doesnt advertise anywhere other than the phone book.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

unfortunately i didn't find this site or hlh till after my first ht. i now can only hope this site and my subsequent story about my bad ht makes Dr.joseph karamikian in new york lose lots of potential customers icon_smile.gif

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Josh,

Great question.

Clearly not every patient spends time researching hair transplantation before selecting a physician.

But the internet has become an extremely useful, powerful, and valuable tool for research. Those who use the internet to research can and do easily find us. Patients who research then select physicians that have a positive online reputation for providing consistent and positive results. Clearly therefore, maintaining a positive online reputation for consistent and positive results is huge!

In speaking to physicians, Pat has told me that our elite physicians garner some of the most educated patients.

I hope this helps.

Bill