Speaking about Rogaine....

One month after my HT I started using 5% foam rogaine on the crown and frontal areas along with the .5 propecia my doctor recommended. Last few days I have noticed some tenderness, redness and today some blisters on my crown, nothing on my frontal. Should I discontinue using Rogaine on my crown and just use it on my frontal? Shall I start to reuse Rogaine once the redness and blisters are gone? I started using Rogaine on August 13th. Thanks, Slowly

One month after my HT I started using 5% foam rogaine on the crown and frontal areas along with the .5 propecia my doctor recommended. Last few days I have noticed some tenderness, redness and today some blisters on my crown, nothing on my frontal. Should I discontinue using Rogaine on my crown and just use it on my frontal? Shall I start to reuse Rogaine once the redness and blisters are gone? I started using Rogaine on August 13th. Thanks, Slowly

Slowly,

Well since Dr. Brad replied to you privately, I don't know if you need additional advice...

But I would suggest discontinued use of the product temporarily if you freel the Rogaine is causing the problem. You could also try minimizing the use of the product (once a day, every other day, etc)

It is also possible that the "blisters" you are seeing are ingrown hairs and signs of activity of the transplanted hairs - assuming you had hairs transplanted into the crown.

But it's very possible that the Rogaine is aggravating the area nonetheless.

Cheers,

Bill