Woods attends ISHRS

Franklin

This is from another website"Subject: "RE: ISHRS MEETING 2005" Previous topic | Next topic

Curious Wed Aug-31-05 01:49 PM

Member since Jul 21st 2003

100 posts

#27920, "RE: ISHRS MEETING 2005"

In response to In response to 6

Drs. Woods and Campbell did attend the ISHRS meeting in Sydney, including the FUE workshop. It's my understanding that the turnout for the FUE workshop was quite good. They did not speak but were invited to make a presentation at the ISHRS meeting next year in New Orleans.

All I can say is it's about time for the invitation.

This is from another website"Subject: "RE: ISHRS MEETING 2005" Previous topic | Next topic

Curious Wed Aug-31-05 01:49 PM

Member since Jul 21st 2003

100 posts

#27920, "RE: ISHRS MEETING 2005"

In response to In response to 6

Drs. Woods and Campbell did attend the ISHRS meeting in Sydney, including the FUE workshop. It's my understanding that the turnout for the FUE workshop was quite good. They did not speak but were invited to make a presentation at the ISHRS meeting next year in New Orleans.

All I can say is it's about time for the invitation.

• Administrators

Franklin,

My understanding is that Dr. Woods had been invited to attend the ISHRS workshops and meetings on many occasions. But apparently he was more preocuppied with selling his FUE seminars to physicians for $150,000 a crack and had no interest in giving away his secret FUE technique for free.

But in the last three years the Yankees have taken the lead in providing and perfecting FUE and the lime light is off Dr. Woods. Now with most surgeons offering FUE he seems interested in attending the meetings.

Go figure.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Ahh yes no one is giving nothing away for free. That much is true. Interesting enough a invitation this time (a legit one )was offered by none other than Dr. Paul Rose.For next years conference interesting. And your quote"But in the last three years the Yankees have taken the lead in providing and perfecting FUE .Really?? How many of these yankee docs are doing this full time??? There was a new guy there Harriss??? And he admits still having problems with buried grafts in the extraction process. You see wether it is strip or Fue extraction method does not mean you are definite to get quality result.It is said doctor and his or her technique along with experience.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Franklin:

How many of these yankee docs are doing this full time??? There was a new guy there Harriss???

No, Franklin, the real doctors that have taken the limelight away from Woods are Dr. A in India and his protege Dr. Umar.

They can take out grafts that Woods can not.

IMO, Woods is now attending the seminar only to speak on the relevance of fue. Nothing about the actual technique.

I think, now it is a lifelong compulsion for him to hide his technique.

Else, the world will come to know that his methods are just the commonplace fue, that any committed doctor can accomplish on the scalp.

After all these many years, he has categorically stated on that other site that his technique is apt to give white dot scarring in the scalp.

Besides, he can not take out thigh, leg, armpit or pubic hair.

Hardly a person to represent the cutting edge of fue.

Yes, his attendance will be of some nostalgia value. It will show how he missed the oppurtunity of a lifetime to earn respect when he could, and chose, instead, to succumb to a small business mentality of hoarding what he knew.

And now, no one wants his knowledge. Sad, but true.

7500 grafts till now. All by Dr. Arvind/Dr.A, New Delhi.

They include strip FUHT, FUE and body hair grafts.

Hoping to accomplish full hair restoration.

• Administrators

Yep, Dr. Woods never showed up at the ISHRS meetings when his colleagues wanted to evaluate his FUE procedure. Instead he tried to sell knowledge about his secret technique to doctors willing to pay over $100,000 to attend his own workshop. To my knowledge there were no takers.

In my opinion, he also sold his FUE procedure by creating widespread exaggerated fear about potential donor scarring.

This practice of "selling on fear" continues with others in the US who sell FUE as a "Scarless" procedure. What bunk.

But now virtually everyone is providing FUE after realizing its no big deal ??“ basically pluck and plant. Patients are also finally beginning to realize that when FUE and truly state of the art strip procedures are compared side by side that FUE is really not so exciting ??“ especially if you really need to move some hair.

So now that Dr. Woods is fast becoming a footnote he's he shows up unannounced at the meeting - not to be forgotten.

Yes, so nice that you could make it finally.

Personally if I were going to fly half way around the world for FUE I would go to Dr. Poswal and pay 1/3 of what others charge. But then again I'm not a hairy backed gorilla.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.