Post HT temporary problem-URGENT

Had HT this summer. No shock loss but buzzed by head to even everything out. Now along the hairline-especially in the temple area you can see the lack of hair and the pinkish color of the scalp where the hair is set to grow in within the coming months. Can I do anything to conceal it? Any darkening scalp creams or some way to hide it?

All suggestions welcomed. Starting work after taking summer off and can't wear a baseball cap anymore in the office!!

Had HT this summer. No shock loss but buzzed by head to even everything out. Now along the hairline-especially in the temple area you can see the lack of hair and the pinkish color of the scalp where the hair is set to grow in within the coming months. Can I do anything to conceal it? Any darkening scalp creams or some way to hide it?

All suggestions welcomed. Starting work after taking summer off and can't wear a baseball cap anymore in the office!!

Ken,

You are probably far enough out from your hair transplant to hit up the tanning bed a couple of times to even out the color on your scalp. Don't go overboard, but this should do the trick.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Hi

The sunless tanning Sprayers work well and don't have any UV

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

There was a time when I would have disagreed with you, Mrjb, because all the sunless tanners I saw left the dreaded orange hue on everyone I saw that used them. However, recently my girlfriend let me in on a secret that she uses to keep a healthy glow without frying herself constantly. With both of us being very fair-skinned, it is imperative to limit our UV exposure to at least a half-sane level.

Anyway, this stuff is a tinted lotion that works very slowly but effectively. It is called Jergens "Natural Glow" Daily Moisturizer. I picked it up at Wal-Mart for around $5 and I put it on after showers and the beach, etc. It's not an abrupt coloration, but a more subtle process that takes about a week. If you are tanning, it will take a little less time. I use the type specified for fair skin.

Jergens%20Natural%20Glow%20Daily%20Moisturizer.jpg

-Robert

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

icon_biggrin.gif {male voice over} - tired of having orange hue on fair rosy white skin??? well try natural glow!! it's helped thousands acheive that not so fast tan.... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gifj/k Rob!!!!!

Yo Ken!! you just described my current situation except for the pink skin. My temples haven't started sprouting so it looks like I'm going bald..(wait a minute I REALLY LIKE THE WAY THAT SOUNDS, going bald NOT bald like a new born baby!! icon_biggrin.gif) anyway - The tanning sounds like a good idea, even the concealers sound like a good idea. So did all the snake oils that told us they would cover /regrow /reverse hairloss, they sounded like good ideas icon_eek.gif My point is this - why bother with try to fill it more at this point? If you have a hot date, SURE GO FOR IT. But if it's just for you, don't bother. The way I see it we've spent so much time/money/energy on trying to hide/reverse it, at this point we know it's going to be OK eventually. Lately I've been on this philosophy about waiting and letting the procedure do what it is supposed to. Like I said a moment ago, if the cover up is for other peoples benefit (like your a supermodel or tv guy or rockstar) then do what you gotta do. But if your like me (joe average) then let the procedure do what it is going to do in it's time. I dunno, the idea of putting more stuff anywhere on my scalp is scary at this point. icon_eek.gif I understand the idea of trying to get the color to be even, hey the sun never cost me a penny icon_wink.gif

I know this probably didn't help icon_confused.gif But thanks for letting me RANT!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Shiny Side Up!!

icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah, I do tend to sound a little "commercial-y" but when you're a super-pale guy like me living in a place where it is definitely a social faux pas not to be tan, you tend to cling to what works.

-Robert