Laser therapy fraud in Chicago: National Hair Growth Institute

beanz

They are being sued by Illinois State Attorney General, Lisa Madigan:

http://www.chicagonow.com/blog...-institute-lies.html

For those of us suffering from androgenetic alopecia, I personally think low level laser therapy is junk science. I have used the Hair Max Laser Comb for 2 years. I do not think it helped alleviate the situation. Companies such as the one in the article and the makers of the Laser Comb will always make millions because millions of us are ready to spend on anything new that is introduced to the market which can slow down, stop, or reverse the curse. I cannot understand how we are approaching the year 2010 and still there is no cure for hair loss.

Good to see. Hopefully the tide continues on its current course and LLLT becomes obsolete in the coming years.

Though PRP already has more scientific clout, and has bought itself much more time to prove itself further, from all I see it is marketed/prescribed in a far more ethical and "under promise; over deliver" manner than LLLT.

I really hope the doctors who do still sell it ensure that their patients are well-informed, considering the $$$$$ that frequently is dropped on it.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

LLLT really does seem like junk science. Dr Feller fought a big battle with another physician about this a while back, and really debunked LLLT as a treatment modality. Also, I do think there currently is a very effective treatment for hair loss, and that is a hair transplant.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Yep. Getting on fin early, and starting off on a route of world-class HTs is as close to a cure as we have, and likely will have for quite some time, IMO.

Aggressive MPB is still very problematic for younger guys because the $ to execute an optimal "cure", and the ability to actually undergo the process/recovery of HTs can be treacherous terrain.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!